Another bow question.

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Another bow question.

Postby scruggs12 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:08 pm

I bought a Golden Eagle used for $200.00 a few years back. I am upgrading this season and was comparing 2-3 bows. Any input on these will be appreciated.

-Diamond Outlaw
-PSE-Stinger
-Bear-Charge

I am leaning towards the Diamond, but will listen to others feelings, findings, experiences. I have shot all 3.

Thanks.
scruggs12
hunter

Re: Another bow question.

Postby jberg440 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:10 am

I'd agree the Diamond is the best bang for your buck. I've shot all three as well, and atleast for me, the diamond would win everytime.
The man banging on the door kept yelling "Alcohol, Tobbaco, and Firearms!" I just assumed it was more supplies.
jberg440
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Shoot them all. I'd go with the Diamond personally. It's faster than the other 3 and Diamond is anal about being quiet too. The draw curve on the diamond is a lot steeper than the rest though for sure. Meaning you're pulling the peak weight longer with a sudden let off. Diamond has the fastest single cam bows out there now. The Dead Eye shoots 343 fps. I think the Outlaw is 323.

Be careful letting them down from full draw too. With the aggressive cam, it puts a hurting on your shoulder if you're not ready. A 60lb Outlaw put the hurting on mine again (it's already messed up though from rugby). Somebody in our store dry fired the Dead Eye because he wasn't ready for it, thankfully nothing broke other than the string coming off the cam.

They're all great bows but the Diamond is far above the rest. If you went PSE, I'd go with the Bow Madness XS over the Stinger. As for the Bear, I'm not much of a fan of quad limb bows. Personally, I'd go Diamond like I've said. You get a really fast bow that's quiet and they put really good accessories on their packages unlike most companies.

Good luck. :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby scruggs12 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Thanks. That's the one I was going to buy, but wanted to make sure no one had negative remarks.
scruggs12
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:27 pm

scruggs12 wrote:Thanks. That's the one I was going to buy, but wanted to make sure no one had negative remarks.

I don't have a single bad thing to say about Diamond. I've seen a ton of them dry fired and there hasn't been a one break a limb or anything. The only thing that I've seen is the string coming off, which happens nearly every time they're dry fired. Their customer service is top notch as well. Every time I've had a warranty issue (which isn't often probably 3 times in my 3 years of working with them), they've fixed it no questions asked. As a matter of fact, the ONLY problem I've ever had with them were their cable slides breaking. They got that fixed and always sent the customer a new one.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dakotashooter2 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:35 am

What's wrong with the Golden Eagle ?????? :huh: Frankly I wouldn't give mine up for one of the newer bows..............
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby c14smalls » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:48 am

Look into Mission Archery. I bought the Venture and love it, very good quality for the price.
c14smalls
hunter

Postby scruggs12 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:13 pm

@ dakota- It has been a great bow. The only real problem is it was some one else's and the draw length is too long. It has worked very well but it is time to upgrade.
scruggs12
hunter

Postby chinogoose » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:12 am

scruggs12 wrote:@ dakota- It has been a great bow. The only real problem is it was some one else's and the draw length is too long. It has worked very well but it is time to upgrade.

There's nothing like your own bow set up just like you want it. Good luck :thumbsup:
chinogoose
hunter

Postby SquadIrons » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:52 pm

c14smalls wrote:Look into Mission Archery. I bought the Venture and love it, very good quality for the price.

I second this. I bought the same bow and couldn't be happier. The only issue is i'm shooting my own arrows from 40 yards. :yes:
SquadIrons
hunter

Return to Archery