HELP

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

HELP

Postby Mallyard » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:21 am

Ok so I go out this evening to set a deer stand on a field/draw that I got permission to hunt. Only to find a newly set tree stand 45 yards away from where I was going to set my stand and ruts all up and down the field.
I called the land owner to ask if he had given anyone else permission, he said no. I'm not sure what to do... It ticks me off cause this person obviously has no regard to peoples property or getting permission to access land. I'm afraid to set my stand now because I'm afraid it will get stolen or vandalized...
Should I leave a note on his stand asking him to call the farmer?
This is my first year deer hunting, and I lucked out on a decent spot. This really puts a kink in things.
What would you do?
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Re: HELP

Postby Ducknlabs11 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:14 am

IMO, I would take the stand down, and leave a note...waterproofed of course...If he has no right on your property that YOU have gained permission for then you have full right to treat it like your own. It is good that you spoke with the farmer first, because you never know if he has a relative that he gave permission to. You just alleviated a lot of problems. Again, leave a note with your name and phone number for the individual to call you. if in 30 days you don't receive a call, you just got a new deer stand.
Ducknlabs11
hunter

Re: HELP

Postby Takum » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:56 pm

X2 :thumbsup:
Takum
hunter

Return to Archery