What target are you using?

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

What target are you using?

Postby ajmorell » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:39 am

I'm in need of a new target. I've used the Block targets before and they are ok, but overpriced IMO. I was really considering a rinehart, but damn they are expensive. I got a flier from Bass Pro today with their layered target for a pretty good price ($50 for the big one if I remember right). What are you using, would you buy it again, is it worth the money? I'm specifically looking for a block-style target (ie not a game-sized/deer/bear/elk, etc target).
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Re: What target are you using?

Postby duckschooler » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:05 am

I have a rhinehart 18in1 and wouldn't recommend it IMO arrows are tougher than hell to get out and the price is steep. If I was smarter I would have just got a nice big bag target and if I wanted to shoot broadheads I would've used a buddies or bought a lower end broadhead safe target.
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Postby sherlockbonez » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:42 am

I got a few thousand arrows through my black hole, much cheaper then the block.
sherlockbonez
hunter

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:22 am

Block Poly Black. Arrows don't penetrate very far it and you can still pull them out with 2 fingers. I shoot field points on 3 sides of it and broad heads on one side.
Let there be welders, to attach metal to other metal things. Genesis 1:36

Kenlee's Krew Pro Staff
MOhuntingGuy
Mrs. Red Ryder

Postby FowlMouth19 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:25 pm

I would buy another block 4x4 in a heartbeat. Mine is on it's 3rd season of shooting around 100 arrows a week during the summer months. Never brought the target inside so it's been through 2 winters as well. Just keep repainting new circles on it an its still stopping arrows solid. For the 80$ I paid for it I don't see how you can go wrong as far as durability goes.
FowlMouth19
hunter

Postby fishfurlife » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:53 pm

I shoot a Morrel bag target for my field points and shoot a Black hole with broad heads. The morrell is 5 years old and I put a new $10 cover on every other year. It works well. The Black Hole is fairly new and it doesn't always hold my BH's back at 20 yards. I also screw my heads off before pulling the arrow to try and extend life of the target.
fishfurlife
hunter

Postby chinogoose » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:45 am

I also have a Morrel bag target and it has been great for over 5 years outside. I way think about getting a new cover for it other then that its awesome for your $$ Now for my BH i have a Cabela's brand block and it's not doing to good with my Rage practice heads so i only shoot field points into now. My buddy has the Black Hole Block and it works great. Good luck and remember sometimes you get what you pay for. :thumbsup:
chinogoose
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Rinehart all the way, you will never buy another target. they are well worth the $$$

me and 4 other friends have been shooting at a rinehart buck every other day for the past month and will continue to untill season and there isnt any wear on the target and we shoot for 2 hrs straight each time we shoot. they have a self healing foam.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:55 pm

dirt clumps, leaves, sticks, cans, plastic bottles....................................... :yes:
dakotashooter2
hunter

Return to Archery