G5 T3's

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

G5 T3's

Postby scruggs12 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:25 pm

Any helpful and/or reasonable opinions ? I am switching from my current mechanical and am thinking of switching to the G5 T3's.
scruggs12
hunter

Re: G5 T3's

Postby fishfurlife » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:50 pm

I test drove them last season on a few does and they worked fine. I also shot a Mule deer with them last season and it worked fine for him as well. If you don't get them just right in the quiver, they can be bumped and open in the quiver. It is an easy fix but was slightly annoying to me. I have shot G5 Montecs for years now and am using them again this season. Last season I kept a T3 in my quiver all season so I could test drive it on a few does. I had it in the quiver when I shot the muley and it was an accident that I grabbed it to shoot with. It worked just fine though. They are built pretty tough as well.
fishfurlife
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:55 am

Id rather go with a G5 Montec, but you cant go wrong with anything with the G5 name on it. :thumbsup:
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby duckman27 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:26 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:Id rather go with a G5 Montec, but you cant go wrong with anything with the G5 name on it. :thumbsup:

I shoot the Montecs and they work great
duckman27
hunter

Postby corn stubble » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:03 pm

I have shot 3 deer with T3's so far this year. ( 1 mature buck, 2 does) I have yet to have one of them run farther than 50 yards. A buddy I hunt with bought some Grim Reapers this year, He has shot two very old bucks and on both bucks he blew through the middle of the shoulder blade. 1st buck went through the shoulder closest to him and out the ribs, 2nd buck was also quartered and went through the ribs and out the middle of the opposite shoulder. I have full confidence in the T3's I shot this year, because they also were complete pass throughs, but i have never seen a hole like the ones his made. Crazy thing about it was after he pulled his arrows out of the ground they were in perfect shape, no bent blades at all. All of my T3's have broke off at least one blade per deer. Replacing them is easy, but I was truly impressed with the Reapers he was shooting as well. Hope this helps. And just an FYI these bucks were shot in the midwest (Missouri) so they were very big body deer with strong bones.
corn stubble
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:23 pm

corn stubble wrote:I have shot 3 deer with T3's so far this year. ( 1 mature buck, 2 does) I have yet to have one of them run farther than 50 yards. A buddy I hunt with bought some Grim Reapers this year, He has shot two very old bucks and on both bucks he blew through the middle of the shoulder blade. 1st buck went through the shoulder closest to him and out the ribs, 2nd buck was also quartered and went through the ribs and out the middle of the opposite shoulder. I have full confidence in the T3's I shot this year, because they also were complete pass throughs, but i have never seen a hole like the ones his made. Crazy thing about it was after he pulled his arrows out of the ground they were in perfect shape, no bent blades at all. All of my T3's have broke off at least one blade per deer. Replacing them is easy, but I was truly impressed with the Reapers he was shooting as well. Hope this helps. And just an FYI these bucks were shot in the midwest (Missouri) so they were very big body deer with strong bones.

Love my Grim Reapers. It's the only over the top opening mechanical I know of that will open on the entry hole. I shot a deer this year through the spine, broke 3 ribs and it came out.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby corn stubble » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:58 am

Yea I have had no complaints from my T3's, but I am really impressed with those reapers. Other than the sign from going through the deer, you could not even tell his broadheads had been used. They were in just as good of shape as they were when they came out of the box. The way they are set up is also very logical. I believe I will probably own some for next season.
corn stubble
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:31 am

I use the 1 3/8" cut ones, but they've got a 1 3/4" one that I'm wanting to try.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby fishfurlife » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:14 pm

For those that enjoy the rage, this may be the next best thing. It looks like montec has addressed several of the problems that individuals had with rage broad heads.

http://www.bowhunting.com/publisher/Hunting-News/2011/11/8/G5-Introduces-NEW-Havoc-Broadhead-for-2012

Montec Havoc™ Specs:
• German Lutz Blades
• Posi-Lock Blade Retention
• Balanced Blade Deployment
• Replaceable Blade Cartridge System
• 100 and 125 Grain Models
• No Rubber Bands or O-Rings
• 2” Plus Cutting Diameter
fishfurlife
hunter

G5 T3's

Postby Hinkelmonster » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:56 pm

Love my T3's over a dozen deer with them and not one has gone outta sight!

Now with that said it really doesn't matter what head you use....as long as you can tune em to group great...have them razor sharp (most all need sharpening out of the package) and a great shot!!

Good luck
Hinkelmonster
hunter

Postby Waterfowlhammer » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:31 pm

I shot a red stag with the t3 and it ran no more than 30 yards and fell over dead. Complete pass through on him. Too bad I can't use them where I live now.
Waterfowlhammer
hunter

Return to Archery