What do you use for carp shooting ???

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

What do you use for carp shooting ???

Postby WI_Trapper » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:52 pm

I guess it has been a while since I shot carp. I have bows but what kind of arrows and points do you use ???? Any other info to help me get back into it would sure help...... Thanks..... :salude:
"I'm Not A Hippie, Just a Well-Groomed Mountain Man"
WI_Trapper
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:58 pm

I shoot white fiberglass blanks with gar points for most everything. They make all kinds of different points and even arrows. But you can buy a fiberglass blank for 7 bucks and the carbon composite is like 17.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby choclab » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:09 pm

If you don't want to build your own arrow Muzzy has some pre-made with tip, nock, and safety slide (which I highly recommend). What ever path you choose make sure and buy a few extra arrows. I am always having to give my buddies arrows because they will break one or their line breaks and they never have any extras. As far as reels go, if you buy the Zebco 808 reel you will also have to buy a reel seat that screws into your stabalizer hole. If you buy a drum you will have to wind the line up by hand every dang time. I use an AMS Retriever reel with no complaints. You can pick up an AMS for about 55-60 bucks I think. IMO I believe it to be one of the better reels out there. Also, you might wanna read up on snap-back, make sure your line is free and clear every shot. Check it every time. http://www.amsbowfishing.com/includes/f ... occur.html

Don't freak out MODS......the link doesn't allow you to go to their main page.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby WI_Trapper » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:52 pm

Thanks for the help, lot of stuff they didn't have back in the day. I bet that smarted some when he let go of the string and I'll bet he was a little gun shy for a while. I would think it could just about take you right out of a boat. He was lucky could have been a lot worst. Thanks again

:eek: :thumbsup:
"I'm Not A Hippie, Just a Well-Groomed Mountain Man"
WI_Trapper
hunter

Postby choclab » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:17 pm

:thumbsup: Thats what we are here for :yes:
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Return to Archery