How much do Hoyt bows run for?

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

How much do Hoyt bows run for?

Postby Jr.waterfowlslayer » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:11 pm

I was wondering how much Hoyt Ultratech and Teckron's cost? Just curious. Please dont move this, nobody checks the Archery site.!!
Jr.waterfowlslayer
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:29 pm

I think people frequent the archery forum plenty, but unless you own one or do a SEARCH (hint hint), you'd have no reason to know the cost. I did a quick search for you, figuring that your search engine must not be working (wink wink), and found the Hoyt Ultra Tech for around $700 new, and around $500 used in good condition. I found nothing on the "Teckron". I don't know if it is spelled differently, but found nothing that resembled it. Who makes it? Try a search on your own and see what you find.

-Pete

By the way, I went to the Archery forum, and noticed that you have never made a post on there with your question. How do you know that no one goes to that forum if you have never presented the question? I've noticed on a couple other forums that I visit, that the kids and newbies these days, always want a quick answer without putting forth ANY effort at all to find the answer they're looking for on there own. I can typically go do a search on anything and find thousands of "hits" that have some pertinence to my perticular question or subject. I'm not wigging out here, just thought you might enjoy surfing the web. :thumbsup:
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:22 pm

I agree with pete, and the archery forum doesnt seem like its been frequented because its only a couple weeks old. There has been a post everyday. And if nobody else answers I will answer because this is a forum I frequent daily.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby choclab » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:59 pm

I check the Archery forum every day! Patience young grass hopper, patience. The Hoyt Ultratec, Protec, and the Trykon all run for about $749.00 :eek: I have to many hobbies to blow money like that (duck hunting, fly fishing, new truck, new boat, ect. ect. )
I went with Reflex. They are the sister company to Hoyt. You basically get most of the Hoyt features at a little nicer price. Reflex can't be all bad, Chuck Adams uses them. If you got your heart set on a Hoyt and can afford one.......do it. Hoyt is a great company, just a little heavy on the wallet.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby Jr.waterfowlslayer » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:02 pm

Sorry about that, thanks for the info, and also what type of Reflex do you shoot. Sounds like a good deal to me.!
Jr.waterfowlslayer
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:03 pm

i believe he is talking about hoyt's new trykon model. it's about $600 too. just like any hoyt, you can probably find it within' $100 or so of that price either way. pete's dead-on with the ultra tec. :thumbsup: pete's also right about something else, it took me about 90 seconds to hit hoyusa's website and find the model and another 20 seconds to hit ebay for a ballpark figure. you would be surprised at how much you can learn by researching things like this yourself.

just think, back in our time, we had to do it with books/indexes/tables of contents with lots and lots of page turning...man i sound old at 30.
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby choclab » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:10 pm

I picked up the Reflex Buckskin about two years ago for $400.00. It has the Cam and a half. They now have the new Slam and a half cam. They still run for about $350.00--$400.00. They also have the 3/4 inch split limb, so you can use Alpha Shocks. Go to your local archery shop and ask to shoot it. You are gonna love it :thumbsup:
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:38 am

choc, i have heard a lot of good things about those reflex's. i have noticed hoyt seems to wait a couple of years before their latest technology hits the reflex line but when you're upgrading from a bow more than 4-5 years old, the cheapest reflex will be a far more superior bow than the top of the line 4-5 y/o model hoyt. this goes for all bow manufacturers. i keep saying i am going to upgrade my hoyt, it's 14 y/o. i just haven't made up my mind and done it.

do you know if the reflex comes in a 31" draw/80lb config?
Talk 'em into givin' up!

shrpshtr
hunter

Postby choclab » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:09 pm

The Caribou is a good bow. It has a 27-31 inch draw length adjustment and the poundage goes from 40 to 70. It would be a good fingers bow cause its kinda long, 45 axle to axle, but it has a super forgiving brace height a 8 3/4. Plus it has the Tec riser that Hoyt is famous for. The Highlander is alot shorter, but it only goes to 30 inch draw.
choclab
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:04 pm

ok, i am thinking no more than 36" axle to axle. my current bow is 44" and it gets cumbersome in the stand...
Talk 'em into givin' up!

shrpshtr
hunter

Postby choclab » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:11 pm

But I bet the bow shoots like a dream though.
choclab
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:18 am

it does shoot good. i can't tell you how many knocks i have taken off of arrows. i even have a true "robinhood" set that i pulled a couple of years ago. it was funny, my wife was watching and she said, "did you mean to do that?" of couse, i had to lie to her... :thumbsup:

i'll have to find a pic to post of that robinhood arrow...
Talk 'em into givin' up!

shrpshtr
hunter

Postby choclab » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:22 pm

That is a great accomplishment Sharp. :thumbsup: Did you ever look into a Reflex bow?
choclab
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:47 am

not yet...i have been working to much. i probably will in May/June. i'll keep you posted.
Talk 'em into givin' up!

shrpshtr
hunter

Return to Archery