Anyone shoot 3D tournaments

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Anyone shoot 3D tournaments

Postby Justintime45 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:39 pm

Was wandering if anyone competes in 3D competitions. I shoot a little in south carolina. Just some info what class do you shoot and max yardage? I shoot fixed site release max yardage 40yds.
Justintime45
hunter

Postby choclab » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:02 pm

We try to hit as many as we can afford. I shoot in the bowhunter class usually, sights, release and quiver has to be attached. Our archery club put together a 3-D team last year and we did pretty well. I went to the Rhinehart 100 and got my butt handed to me. They alowed guys in the open classes to use rangefinders!!! :eek: It was a really fun shoot though. How often do you get to shoot at a 13' tall alien target?
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

3d

Postby Justintime45 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:13 pm

I also shoot bowhunter whats your max yardage? ours is 35. I want to shoot the rinehart 100 but i don't think it comes close to sc. Why would they let them use rangefinders i've never heard of such. Why does your quiver have to be attached? ours doesn't.
Justintime45
hunter

Postby choclab » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:06 am

Some our shoot max. yardage is 50+. The rhinehart is supposed to be a fun shoot, I don't understand the rangefinders either. We have to have quivers attached only on some of the 3-D shoots. It is a hunter class after all.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:15 am

hey justin,

i live in SC and have thought about getting involved with 3d shooting. do you mind if i pick your brain for some info? i have also thought about getting into an archery club. i just don't think there are any in my area...

maybe we can get together and shoot sometime.
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

shrpshtr

Postby Justintime45 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:49 pm

Go right ahead shrpshtr. First off where do you live. I can tell you of all the clubs in south carolina theres a good many. I shoot all over the state from myrtle beach to clemson so your more than welcome to come meet up with us and do some shooting.
Justintime45
hunter

Return to Archery