68%
No I don't
21%
I could go either way
11%

Total votes : 19

Do you use a stabilizer?

Postby choclab » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:34 am

Just seeing who uses stabilizers or not. If you do, what kind do you use? And if you don't, why not? I might be in the market for a new one.....I like the Specialty Archery Feather Lite. It has a slider inside that is adjustable. I had the Trophy Ridge Xchanger for awhile and didn't like it at all. I gave it to my dad. I am using a Doinker 7" hunter now.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:32 am

I have one bow with, and two more without. The two w/o are wood and cannot take a stabilizer. not that I would want to mess either of them up to do it.
THe other was just too noisy w/o one.
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

stabilizer

Postby Justintime45 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:36 pm

For hunting i use a 10' 3 rod feather light and a 28" easton black max for competition. I think they help alot
Justintime45
hunter

Postby choclab » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:32 am

The feather lite has the slider right? How do you like it. I have been looking at the 10" feather lite for a little while now. Is the slider really that great? Are they worth the money?
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:13 am

Yes on my compound bow and No on my recurve.
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby thaner » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:31 pm

I don’t use one anymore and the same goes for a sling. I did use them on compounds past but the new bows are well balanced and shoot smooth with little or no shock; I don't see the need. I shoot targets for better hunting; I see no need for extra weight and more things to come loose or out of adjustment. For serious competition I would use them. Last year I got a new bow and was going to get a new stabilizer and sling so I let the old ones go with the old bow. I was shooting the new bow and really liked that I didn’t have to mess with the stabilizer to get the bow in the case and didn’t have to check it to make sure it was tight. I was shooting the new bow better then any other I have had. When I started trying stabilizers and slings out I found that it really wasn’t doing much for my hunting accuracy and I instantly noticed the extra weight of the stabilizer and the extra work of getting into the sling and getting it just right. I opted to not put either one on my new bow and hunted last season without them. I am glad I didn and will never use them for a hunting bow again as long as the bows stay so smooth. If you were looking for primarily hunting performance I would shoot the bow without a stabilizer or sling for a while and then try some out and see what they really do for you and if you don’t see critical hunting accuracy improvements I would just keep it simple and forget the extra gadgets. I would get the 7" doinker hunter if I did get one.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby playaxplorer » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:57 pm

i cant really say "yea" or "nay" on this one. I've never shot a stabilizer on any bow, so i can't judge how if any it would improve/change my shooting. but i've never missed a deer with my bow! missed a couple of coons and a bobcat once but never venison!
"That's a big bird." "Really i thought he'd be more yellow!"
playaxplorer
hunter

stabilizer

Postby Justintime45 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:01 am

Choclab

I have the 10' featherlite and I really like. It does have the sliding weight and it also comes with a extra weight so you can move them around and make it heavy or light on one end or the other. Great stabilizer well worth the money. :thumbsup:
Justintime45
hunter

Postby choclab » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:28 pm

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup: I am sure glad we have an archery forum now. Lots of good advise on equipment.
choclab
hunter

Return to Archery