Home made targets

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Home made targets

Postby choclab » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:30 pm

What are some of the home made targets you guys make. I have used burlap stuffed with plastic, pressed haybales, and cardboard squished together. For durability I like the burlap, it lasted forever and costed about 5-10 dollars to make. If you guys have alot of good ideas I might make this thread a sticky.

I am gonna build this, but bigger for a stationary.
http://pabucks.com/homemade_target.html
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby 2 tollers » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:56 pm

Gophers in the spring - best target out there.

I get stireen (sp) blocks about 2 ft sq and use them a fair amount. Another is cutting ceiling tiles in half and using 2 x 6 on top and bottom with all thread to compress - I have this one for quite awhile in an area out of the rain.
2 tollers
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:47 pm

Mainly hay bales grownin up in the country, as a kid i remember my dad had a hugh stirofoam block that lasted forever. You can get some boxes form behind stores but you have to pack them up real tight. Also used milk jug and shot into sand banks but thats will junk arrows though my carbons only get the best THE BLOCK that is. :thumbsup:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby choclab » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:23 am

Also.....if you don't have a hay press near by to press your bales you can take 2 ratchet straps and squish the hell out of the hay bales that way.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:23 pm

Stuff a burlap sack with old clothes. Field points only.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby jumpshooter » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:00 pm

nerf socer ball kick it around the field and shoot it with judos, good way to keep up on judging yardages
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
jumpshooter
hunter

Return to Archery