Which Bows

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Which Bows

Postby Sodapop » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Ok now I understand shotguns. You have your top of the line and your ok brand. I am debating between three brands. The PSE, Hoyt or the Bowtech. Any suggestions guys? I want a light bow with a short draw length 26". I would like to hunt deer, elk and hogs with it.
Sodapop
hunter

Re: Which Bows

Postby benelliquackerstacker » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:02 pm

I am partial to the Bowtech... Just my opinion, take it for what its worth. The Bowtech Destroyer 350 would be my pick if I decided to upgrade from my Diamond.
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

You can tell MOJO to suck it.... This jerk-a-spread sucks. Effff it. Splooosh (Hawkeye76)

blackrhino wrote:
I don't wear underwear and I would trade my best skillet to get rid of a bad woman.
benelliquackerstacker
hunter

Postby Okeechobee Dan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:23 pm

bowtech is a great bow and i have always shot good with them. but i am really impressed with what elite archery is putting out. you should check out the Elite Answer. smoothest bow i have ever shot.
Okeechobee Dan
hunter

Postby Easttx » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:33 pm

The best advice I could give you would to be to shoot them all and then decide. Don't just buy for the brand name. Find a bow that you are comfortable with. I shoot a Bowtech but all of the companies you listed make great bows.
Easttx
hunter

Postby esiegel91 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:36 am

I also say elite...I currently shoot a browning but I shot my buddies bow today (elite archery gt500) wow, I am impressed...its got quite the draw but the release is 80% so its easy to hold in the drawn position and man that thing is accurate and I'm fairly new to compound bows and I was shooting 3 inch groupings consistantly with it..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
esiegel91
hunter

Postby duckschooler » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Everyone makes a good bow anymore, it's just which one "you" like the best. Not really what you probably wanted to hear, you really can't go wrong with any of the big 4 (Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Bowtech). One bow I'd like to shoot is a high country heard really great things about them but I've never handled one another bow company I've heard good things about is Athens Archery.
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Postby Cliner » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:42 pm

Out of those 3, I would go with the Hoyt. I shot all those and liked the Hoyt out of those 3. If I were to give you a new suggestion, it would be Mathews. I have a Drenalin and have shot the DXT and the Z7. I would love a z7, I just don't bowhunt enough anymore to justify a new bow. I prefer a smooth draw and forgiving bow opposed to another 10fps.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:29 pm

The lightest one is going to be a PSE Bowmadness XS. I know for a fact they'll go down to a 26" draw with the rotating module they have. Shoot all of them though and see what you like. Asking opinions on what bow to buy is like asking opinions on what the best beer is. Everyone has their favorite, but you'll hate some of them.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby fishfurlife » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Preach is spot on. Buy what fits you the best.
fishfurlife
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:26 pm

Oh, and if you do choose to go with the Bowmadness, it comes with a short and long draw module. The extra is stored in the cam on the newer models. Take it off and put it somewhere else, or you may lose it.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Sodapop » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:55 pm

Thanks guys, I got the PSE Revenge. It was at a price I couldnt turn down and its the smoothest bow I have shot so far.
Sodapop
hunter

Postby Okeechobee Dan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:17 pm

sounds good if you like it and can shoot it that is all that matters. The new PSE's are very fast and fun to shoot. have fun good luck
Okeechobee Dan
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Would definitely try an Elite Hunter. I own one and absolutely love it :bow: I will never buy anything other than an Elite and they have the best warranty and customer service. The let-off is unbelievable and it is super accurate...need I say more??
mayhem96
hunter

Postby chris_k » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:16 am

Sodapop wrote:Thanks guys, I got the PSE Revenge. It was at a price I couldnt turn down and its the smoothest bow I have shot so far.

Nice bow brother! Congrats!
My GF shoots a 2010 PSE Vendetta XS (predecessor to the Revenge) and it's a heck of a bow. Congratulations!
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:00 am

hard to beat the Prime and Quest bows. they are the best and smoothest shooting bows I've ever shot.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby mayhem96 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:00 pm

Elite is the only way to go. I have a 2011 Hunter and it is by far the best bow I have ever held and shot. The let-off on it is unbelievable, along with the speed and power. Here are some pictures of my current set-up :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:35 pm

mayhem96 wrote:Elite is the only way to go. I have a 2011 Hunter and it is by far the best bow I have ever held and shot. The let-off on it is unbelievable, along with the speed and power. Here are some pictures of my current set-up :thumbsup:

I can vouch for that, excellent bows........... were partners with G5 until somebody pi$$ed in somebody's cheerio's and G5 dropped them and they went on their own using/ making copies of Quest by G5 bows now.

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Sodapop » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:22 am

Well I would like to trade or sell my Revenge. The short aka is great for a tree stand but not for competition. I want a bow I can use for both.
Attachments
Img_00582.JPG
Img_00582.JPG (20.78 KiB) Viewed 2892 times
Sodapop
hunter

Postby Just call me...Crackshot » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Check out Hoyt bows, I hear they make great bows for both hunting and competition. I recently bought a Bear Encounter and I love it. Compared to the PSE Stinger it was far more easier to shoot and more comfortable to me. It's smooth and accurate as any other. But, like the others said, buy what fits you and what you like.
WTN10 wrote:That's a million dollar house in the background and Doc is climbing around on a Bargain Bin deer stand.

Rich people are 'tards.
Just call me...Crackshot
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:03 am

you guys know he already got a bow right?

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Just call me...Crackshot » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:47 am

The post right above mine states he would like to sell or trade his Revenge...
WTN10 wrote:That's a million dollar house in the background and Doc is climbing around on a Bargain Bin deer stand.

Rich people are 'tards.
Just call me...Crackshot
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:41 am

2500hdon37s wrote:
mayhem96 wrote:Elite is the only way to go. I have a 2011 Hunter and it is by far the best bow I have ever held and shot. The let-off on it is unbelievable, along with the speed and power. Here are some pictures of my current set-up :thumbsup:

I can vouch for that, excellent bows........... were partners with G5 until somebody pi$$ed in somebody's cheerio's and G5 dropped them and they went on their own using/ making copies of Quest by G5 bows now.

Dang. Didn't hear that. I was wondering why they discontinued the Primal. I gotta buy one from the shop while we have them on sale and while I get my discount. Definitely my favorite bow in the shop. Used to like the Diamonds, but their new stuff sucks IMO.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MaineHunter » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:58 am

2500hdon37s wrote:

From what I was told from my bow guy who is/was a pro shooter for mathews and Hoyt, and sells almost every make, g5 machines the risers for a lot of companies, elite was one of them. G5 no longer does their work, and the quality of elite has gone way downhill from 2011 to now. So much that he doesn't carry elite anymore and last year at this time he was a big fan of elite..
MaineHunter
hunter

Postby Tenner » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:37 am

I have shot alot of bows for smoothest draw it would be a mathews heli-m. They are also the lightest. .1oz lighter than the carbon element by Hoyt. For overall durability and feel I went with a 2012 Hoyt Rampage XT. I love it. Its tough and light and quiet, smooth draw. It was just the right price too. Bowtechs are alright, I feel that My Rampage is every bit as nice and advanced as the bowtechs and its alot cheaper.
Tenner
hunter

Postby Mudhole » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:16 pm

I've shot every single bow mentioned in this post, the Heli m and the Ivasion was very nice!, I have a G5 Quest Smoke, its a dang good shooter as well, the Bowmadness was smooth and quiet! However, I settled on a Elite Answer, gotta be the smoothest, easiest drawing, solif and quiet bow I've ever shot! And as far as the op started about quality, Elites are spot one, go see, and shoot one for yourself!!!
________Mudhole________
Waterfowl Population Control
Building a boat blind:
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=67602
Paintin your boat:
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=146292
Mudhole
hunter

Next

Return to Archery