Need to shoot more!

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Need to shoot more!

Postby choclab » Mon May 15, 2006 12:16 pm

I have been fly fishing like crazy lately and I have been neglecting my bow. I had to go to the in-laws for mothersday and I took my bow along. They have an archery range by there house that has 2 walk through courses. I found some time in-between visiting in-laws. I was pretty damn rusty! My yardage estimations where way off. I made quite a few poor shots. I was almost :oops: I haven't shot that bad in years. Meanwhile, my wife was just hammering the targets. She shoots way less than me and she did great. We just got her "hot pink" arrows finally and she says she shoots better cause of the arrows :toofunny: . Anyways, make sure you guys stay sharp and shoot a little more often. I am gonna have to hit the range and backyard alot more before the Sept. season starts.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby BurnZ » Wed May 17, 2006 8:50 am

well i just got a new bow so i have been out to the range 2-3 times a week. Its starting to get a lot funner. cuase the new bow is a lot more accurate. Do you guys have any tips for a new shooter. as far as form or release, i have read a bunch of stuff and try to remember and apply it when i am shooting. I am just trying to get as much info as i can, cause i've read once you get into a bad habbit in archery, it is hard to break.
BurnZ
hunter

Postby choclab » Wed May 17, 2006 5:16 pm

Try not to "punch" the trigger when you shoot. You should always have proper shooting form too. Just try to form a "T" with your arms and body. There are quite a few books that you could read about proper form. As some of the guys at your range if they can show you a few tricks.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Return to Archery