what brand bow do u shoot?

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Postby brian89 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:27 pm

Mathews Outback.. great for treestand hunting..
brian89
hunter

Postby Waterfowlhammer » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:36 am

Just picked up the Mathews DXT! Would never shoot anything, but a Mathews. I even pass on the free Bowtech bows that I can get.
Waterfowlhammer
hunter

Postby GreenIslandducker88 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:53 pm

One more here for bowtech. 08 Gaurdian and absolutely love it. WOuldn't trade it for anything.
GreenIslandducker88
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:37 am

Waterfowlhammer wrote:Just picked up the Mathews DXT! Would never shoot anything, but a Mathews. I even pass on the free Bowtech bows that I can get.

Feel Free to send your free bowtechs to me. Just PM me and I'll give you my address. I'll even pay shipping :thumbsup:
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby birddog crazy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:44 am

I shoot martins
birddogs rule and all the rest drool, for birddogs love you for you and do not ask for anything in return but love so hug your birddog
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Smokin Joe » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Martin Firecat. Shoots good but a little slow. Looking at a Reezen or maybe a Monster.
Smokin Joe
hunter

Postby duckschooler » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:50 pm

I shoot a Parker.

#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Hoyt baby

Postby chinogoose » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:05 am

I shoot HOYT :thumbsup:
chinogoose
hunter

Postby ClintV » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:20 am

Morrison (s)/ both recurves and longbows
Bob builds the finest custom bows on the market IMO, I've got several, and after trying most of the other big names I have decided to quit looking for the perfect bow and realize I already have it. :biggrin:

oh, and I have a Bowtech Independance for when I use training wheels. :wink:
ClintV
hunter

Postby dean88 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:13 am

bowtec diamand :thumbsup:
you can only shoot ducks till the day ends but the memories will never be forgotten

woodies-31
teal-24
redheads-2
ringnecks-17
gaddies-36
geese-64
mallards-71
cans-5
pintails-5
widgeon-1
shovlers-2
dean88
hunter

Postby - Andy - » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:48 pm

Waterfowlhammer wrote:Just picked up the Mathews DXT! Would never shoot anything, but a Mathews. I even pass on the free Bowtech bows that I can get.

:rolleyes:

Right..... the only people getting free Bowtechs are the people shooting for bowtech.... and if you are shooting a Mathews.... then you definately ain't shooting for Bowtech! There are a very select few archery shops that pamper the hell out of their shop shooters, but I don't know any shop shooters getting free bows.... and our shop sells all the major labels.

I have shot and owned a little of everything from High Country to Darton, to Oneida to PSE. One of the first questions on this thread (three years ago to boot) was who has owned a Hoyt and a Mathews and which do you prefer... I have... and at the same time! It was about 2006 in fact... I owned a Hoyt Ultratec (which I sold to my best friend and still semi-regret), and a Mathews LX, which is also now gone.

As to which I prefer. Hoyts. And honestly it is for little reason other than their grips. I hate the grips that come on Mathews bows. Our shop sells more Mathews bows than any other brand.... probably 5:1 and if you count Mission probably 10:1. We have been selling a lot of Bowtech Admirals as well... they are a nice bow. I think 2009 is going to be a tide changer (we'll see what the Monster XLR8 is like), but I do not like the Reezen one bit. I think that Admiral is the quietest and probably most shock free bow I've ever shot, but those short limbs on the new center pivot give it a very harsh draw.

So, to answer the ultimate question of the thread..... I shoot a Hoyt Alpha Max 32 as a hunting rig. And a Hoyt Pro Elite as a target bow.

There is a bow for everyone. Frankly they are all pretty dang good these days. It just depends on what you like. I frankly could care less about speed. I want a smooth draw, long valley, solid wall, high let off, quiet and shock free bow. I want it well built, and I want it accurate... more accuracte than I am. And for me Hoyt does it. Another super super smooth bow for '09... Ross Carnivore.
Tell your wife you love her, wrestle in the yard with your kids, shake your best friend's hand, let your dog sleep on the bed, and thank God for all the blessings in your life.
- Andy -
hunter

Postby Redneck21 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:33 am

I shoot a Mathews DXT. My dad shoots a Mathews DXT : )
Redneck21
Newb

Re: what brand bow do u shoot?

Postby headshotz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:58 am

Bowtech Vital Impact
headshotz
hunter

Postby River Dog » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:27 am

I shoot an Elite Fire :thumbsup:
River Dog
hunter

Postby sbretting60 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:41 am

I currently own a Reflex but I will hopefully be getting a Bowtech Air Raid this summer.
sbretting60
hunter

Postby MassDecoyCarver » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:02 am

I am new to this forum,..usually only post to the duck decoy page,..

I originally had a Browning X-cellerator until the riser split,..then I got a PSE (precision series edge ?- round wheel), and finally last year bought a new PSE Brute. I love it !!
MassDecoyCarver
hunter

Postby slaughter_fest » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Parker hornet...ive shot matthews bowtech and hoyt and would still not trade my parker for the best of them
slaughter_fest
hunter

Previous

Return to Archery