New bow today!!!!!!

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

New bow today!!!!!!

Postby 1080tommy » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:14 pm

Went and shot the Hoyt Charger and the Hoyt Spyder. Well wound up going with the Hoyt Spyder. Just a sweet bow with an ultra smooth draw and really fast. The Charger was a good solid bow but there were several aspects that I did not like with the Charger. For example, the balance seemed off and the bow wanted to tilt forward. Also, the draw was ok on the Charger but it seemed to build until about mid draw and then a noticeable hill for lack of a better term built and then it fell into the valley. The Spyder on the other hand was extremely smooth throughout the draw cycle and was extremely well balanced. The bow was fast and I mean fast. What sealed the deal was I did not notice I was shooting the Charger with a stabilizer and the Spyder did not have a stabilizer and was as stable or seemed as stable as the Charger. I coupled it with a QAD fall away rest and stabilizer. Will be picking it up next Wednesday and can't wait. Awesome feeling bow for sure. Just my evaluation on these bows and if you have the money, the Spyder is worth every dime.
1080tommy
hunter

Re: New bow today!!!!!!

Postby 1080tommy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Picked up the bow yesterday and the thing shoots flawlessly. Very quiet and no noticeable hand shock when shot. The bow is worth every penny spent and is also very light. I heard some bad things about a tuning fork noise when shot and did not notice any noise after the shot. Great bow!!!
1080tommy
hunter

Return to Archery