Anybody shoot fobs

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Anybody shoot fobs

Postby callumcuffumkillum » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:13 pm

I'm thinking about trying the fobs made by starrflight. Anybody ever shot them or know anything about them? They look pretty sweet but i dont know if i can give up my blazer vanes
It's not a passion it's an obsession
callumcuffumkillum
hunter

Re: Anybody shoot fobs

Postby redbeardhd90 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:21 pm

I tried then about four years ago. Easy to install and the flight wasn't bad. I shot a deer and it was nice that the FOB fell of at the impact site but I never did find the arrow. No FOB no arrow steering I guess. If I missed a long range target and the arrow hit the ground the FOB would come off and the arrow lost steering and went where It felt like. Those are my negatives about them. I realized I also liked fletching too.
redbeardhd90
hunter

Postby callumcuffumkillum » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:21 am

I shot 2 turkeys this week with the FOB's. They workerd AWESOME for the turkeys! With turkeys you want the arrow to stay in the turkey and not pass through. With vanes the only way to do this is to turn down the poundage but then you lose knockdown power. I came up with an idea and super glued the FOB's on so they wouldnt fall off and would stop the arrow from passing through without turning down the bow. I shot the turkeys at 70# draw which would always blow through the turkey but with the FOB's it stopped the arrow and enabled me to still have the most knockdown power my boy can deliver. I will never shoot another turkey without the FOB's! As far as accuracy and such idk how much better they are.
It's not a passion it's an obsession
callumcuffumkillum
hunter

Postby redbeardhd90 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:22 am

That makes sense for turkeys and congrats on those turkeys
redbeardhd90
hunter

Return to Archery