Bowhunting with gopro

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Bowhunting with gopro

Postby KY-RiverRat » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:38 pm

I know everyone says not to use a gopro as your primary film source when filming hunts but a gopro is what i have so a gopro is what ill be using. Just wondering if anyone else has experience filming a hunt from a head mount and if so what settings are best?? Any help would be appreciated i would hate to stick a booner and it be blurry
Shoot em in the face!!!
KY-RiverRat
hunter

Re: Bowhunting with gopro

Postby KY-RiverRat » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:42 pm

P.s. im using a gopro hero3 black edition
Shoot em in the face!!!
KY-RiverRat
hunter

Postby Gabagool » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:02 pm

I have a GoPro2 that I mounted to my stabilizer. The lack of zoom sucks. Unless the deer is in your lap you cant clearly see anything
Gabagool
hunter

Postby callncut » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:59 pm

I've got the 3 black edition for some other things, but I'm going to try it out with deer this year just to see how it does
callncut
Super Moderator

Postby BillMurray » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Anyone seen the commercial with Chris Brackett shooting a bear? He had the (What I assume to be a) GoPro on the ground facing the bait so the Bear was very clear and it shows a different angle of him shooting the bear and you see the arrow go through. I've thought about trying this for Coyote and turkey (mounting the camera on the decoy) so you get an up close view as you shoot. Basically mounting the camera anywhere you "expect" the animal to be is a chance but it would make for killer videos if it works out. For deer I would mount the camera on a trail I would expect them to show up on and in a shooting lane. Or you could put it in front of some scent to get them to stop for a shot. I dont know if your camera has a remote but that would make for awesome footage
BillMurray
hunter

Return to Archery