Opinion about browning micro adrenaline

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Opinion about browning micro adrenaline

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:50 pm

The draw weight is 40-50.What do you think of it? What would be the maximum range on it for deer?It is my first hunting bow. I heard that muzzy broadheads are the best. Arrow/shaft reccomendations? :mrgreen:
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:05 am

My buddy purchased one for his 13 year old last year. My two cents, they're junk! Loud and not that forgiving which kinda hurts the accuracy. As for arrow types, I use Gold Tip and for broadheads I use four bladed Muzzy 100 grain. Now, If you ask 50 other people, you'll get 50 other opinions. The only way to figure out what works best, that only comes from trying MANY different set up's and that only comes with time. There is no magic pill to your question. One arrow and broadhead may work well with a certain rest or bow, but not another type or set up.
Good luck with it!
:thumbsup:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby choclab » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:48 am

I bought my old lady a Browning Micro Adrenaline XS. For the price it shoots great. It was a little loud until I put a bunch of limbsavers on it. Sierra was pretty happy with the bow. It shoots well for her. As far as arrows go, I would get something cheaper like the Goldtips. You will go through them. No sence in spending close to a hundred bucks on arrows that you will loose or destroy. I shoot dipped and crested Beman ICS camo hunters and I love them, but I could never afford to shoot them when I first started. Broadheads..........I personally like Slick Tricks. They fly really well through my set-up. That doesn't mean that they will fly well through yours. You are gonna have to see what flys well with your set-up. You will never be set one one broadhead forever either. I have switched probably three time or so. I always find a broadhead that flys better than the last one. Never mix em' though. May I ask how old you are? I would like to know why you have looked into this bow? There are some really good bows in the 50-60 pound class.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby mjl927 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:07 pm

Bought one for my 14-yr son. I didn't want to spend a great deal of money on something that I wasn't 100% sure that he would continue to do. If he stays with it, I'll get him something better next year and give this bow to his younger brother for practice.

It seems to shoot well and he's getting better at hitting the mark. He even accidentally dry fired the bow and it held up fine. We checked it all over after that for cracked limbs, broken cams, etc and didn't see anything wrong with the bow. He's been shooting it all along. I haven't really noticed how loud the bow is but I'll specifically check for that the next time he's shooting.
There is plenty of room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes!
mjl927
hunter

Return to Archery