10 yr. old Bow???

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

10 yr. old Bow???

Postby Dyllan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:23 pm

I have a Martin Pantara I bought in 1995. I use to inter many 3-D tournaments with this hunting bow and did very well both comp. and hunting. I haven't touched this bow in about 5 years. What should I do to make sure it's safe, and what can I get to upgrade it now that we didn't have 12 yrs. ago?
Thanks
"Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at
night only because rough men stand ready to do
violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
Dyllan
hunter

Postby choclab » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:04 pm

The best advice I can offer is to take it to a pro shop. They will give you a tune up and you can discuss possible upgrades with him. The string will probably have to be replaced. I would put on a Winner Choice anyways. As far as cams go, he will be able to tell you what you can up-grade to.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

cams

Postby Dyllan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:27 am

Well, when I bought it the Martin Z cams were the big thing back then. I'm sure there are better ones out now, but I had no complants with these cams.
-George Orwell
Dyllan
hunter

Postby mjl927 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:04 am

Definitely change the strings and cables. Have a pro check out the limbs. I would guess that you used an overdraw on the bow. With todays carbon arrows, you could probably get rid of that, gain some forgiveness, and go with one of todays rests...maybe a drop away.
There is plenty of room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes!
mjl927
hunter

Thanks

Postby Dyllan » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:06 pm

Thanks for the reply, I plan on using it for bow season this year for deer. I'll need to get started with practice though. Thanks again,,, I'll take your advice.
-George Orwell
Dyllan
hunter

Return to Archery