Whisker Biscut

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Whisker Biscut

Postby gcbowhunter » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:10 pm

Anybody shoot one of these? What do yall think about it?
gcbowhunter
hunter

Postby choclab » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:33 pm

I am not a big fan. I see seen alot of fletching get worn out form them. It's a good concept and great for beginers.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:49 pm

I was thinkin the same choc when I saw the post, I think its great for the old shakey farts and newbies :yes: and i've heard of people fletchin gettin ruined. I like the drop aways myself.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gcbowhunter » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:59 pm

what do you like to shoot choc?
gcbowhunter
hunter

Postby choclab » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:12 pm

I have shot an NAP quicktune 4000 since it came out. It has been a terrific fallaway. Solid and fool proof. I am still kind of on the fence about the Trophytaker shaky hunter. I will give you another opinion in a week or so. I am putting a Trophytaker on my Ross when I get it.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby skybuster20ga » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:21 pm

my ol man shoots a whisker biscuit. he likes simplicity. and he fletches his own arrows so thats not a issue. accuracy does decrease after about 35 yds. ive shot schaffer mathews nap and vbg drop aways and now im back shooting the nap smart rest. very quiet and not much can go wrong.......the mathews was nice but i dont shoot them anymore so i sold that w/ the bow. shcaffers are over rated. npoisey and problematic springs. for tourneyment i dont shoot NOTHING but a diving board which i switched to three years ago from a quicktune 300 which i still have and is an excellent rest but its in the drawer now collecting dust..its too bad really. my 2 cents
-keep your booger hook off the bang switch 'till your ready to shoot"
skybuster20ga
hunter

Postby skybuster20ga » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:38 am

lastlastnight after i went to bed i woke up remembering that i forgot to tell you, on my bowtech i couldnt get the shcaffer to line up sufficiantly enough to suit me. another wwords, no enough adjustment left after the fact. my buddy also had that problem on his AR
skybuster20ga
hunter

Postby Ducks4Coach » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:54 am

In my own opinion the biscuit is great. Have never shot with a fall away rest so I can't comment on it. But the biscuit holds true accuracy for me out to 45 yards. It works great for stalking deer, you don't need to hold the arrow in place. I don't buy expensive arrows so I don't worry about the fletchings. I have shot the same arrows for the past two years. When the fletchings start to wear, I just glue them back on.

But you have to find what is comforatble for you to shoot with.
-Coach

Going for 50!
Ducks4Coach
hunter

Postby skybuster20ga » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:57 pm

remember though, that "true accuracy" differs from person to person. everyone has there own bench mark and standards of accuracy. the whisker biscuits does everything that ducks4coach says but they do not meet MY accuracy benchmark of 1.5" groups @40yds zero to 25 ide play a game of nocks w/ anyone using a whisker biscuit on my bow after that accuracy DOES dwindle. sorry
skybuster20ga
hunter

Postby gcbowhunter » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:00 pm

is there a certain reason why the accuracy dwindles down?
gcbowhunter
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:16 pm

Mainly just there's more variables to deal with than just a drop away. Your flethin has to be perfect to fly through the biscutt and have the group you want. Dont get us wrong you can kill animals with it I just would't take it to a competition. The only reason i'd get one is if I hunt and stalked.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby skybuster20ga » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:47 pm

thats exactly right. down in penn. we do a lot of spot and stalk huntin in those huge hay feilds and the whisker biscuit on one of my dads bows is so handy. i have to keep one finger over my arrow to hold it in place if i tilt my bow real hard and find myslef more worried about that then the actual stalk. for hunting purposes GO FOR IT! remember this though, there are 2 dif. size biscuits for alum. and carbon shafts........although food for thought, my ol man shoots the bigger one w/ easton axis and accuracy did not change and he gained 5 fps because of less restriction
skybuster20ga
hunter

Postby gcbowhunter » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:53 am

Yeah Im only going to be hunting with it, so Im not to worryied about haveing 1/8 inch groups lol I have herd that they don't wear down the blazer vanes, so I might give them a try if I end up getting one.
gcbowhunter
hunter

Postby skybuster20ga » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:44 am

blazers work well. same thing as a quick spin really although i wouldnt shoot quickspins through a biscuit obviously.

if your bow is tuned really good in theory you dont need any fletchings(w/ feild tips) i bare shaft all my bows once itstuned to be sure
skybuster20ga
hunter

Postby WIgunner30 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:51 am

i like drop away rests u can get a black arrow holder that holds ur arrow in place almost as well as a biscuit. i shoot a trophy taker and love it. very accurate.
WIgunner30
hunter

Postby fowl hooked » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:27 pm

Muzzy Zero Effect Drop Away ! :thumbsup:
fowl hooked
hunter

Postby ksgooser » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:19 pm

I bought one a few months ago and would recomment one, they really seem to take any extra motion from the arrow, like the tail end "wagging".
Cale Renollet
ksgooser
hunter

whisker biscut

Postby the hunter » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:30 pm

just make sure you have adjustment in the rest because I had one until the biscut fell off my bow. Iknew everything was tight on the bow because I checked it the night before I went out. It fell off walking back to my truck, which caused to miss the next days hunt because I didn't have rest for my bow just make sure its tight and stable. there is an upside and a downside to them.
the hunter
hunter

Postby Old Duck Getter » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:01 pm

Iv'e used one for 3 years now. Out here in the desert we mostly spot and stalk. It was nice to know your arrow will stay in place when your crawling through the sage brush. The last deer I shoot was at 61 yards and my arrow was right on. I practice a lot out to 80 yards and don't have any problems with arrow flight.
Old Duck Getter
State Moderator

Postby shoveler_shooter » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:41 pm

I have been using one for about a month and it tears/wrinkles your vanes unless you get blazer vanes. And past 50 yards the accuracy isn't as good, don't know if it was me or the biscuit but the accuracy wasn't as good. Other than that it is great, if you hunt woods deer or stalk it is a great choice. :thumbsup:
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby mjl927 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:56 am

I used one on my old PSE bow successfully for two seasons. That was with the old style biscuit. Alot of guys using the older ones would cut some of the biscuit material to create some slots for the vanes to pass through. It worked okay but after awhile I grew out of favor with that rest and went back to my tried and true TM Hunter rest. When I got a new bow, I got the newer WB rest. The newer ones use different bristles and are an overall better design than the older ones. I've used mine successfully for the last few years. It is definitely not a 3D shooter rest. For hunting though, it is a very good rest. You do need to add a drop of glue to the tips of your fletch as added insurance against tearing. Doing so, I've yet to tear off a fletch. I'm happy with the WB as a hunting rest but I'm also the type that likes to try new things. I have a Quicktune drop-away that I've never put on my bow. I'm really thinking about trying that rest this season.
There is plenty of room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes!
mjl927
hunter

Postby Evil_McNasty » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:01 am

I've got one on my older bow. At that point in time it was the best rest out there for hunting, hands down. I was getting good accuracy out to 55 yards. And it was a quiet draw.

I have a Ripcord on my newer bow which solves the problem of total containment while also getting a drop away. I like this set up a bit more but would still respect anyone using a WB. It's a heck of a rest.
--Hunters don't care about nature, but loony animal activists who've never been outside of San Francisco do??!!
--Hipocrisy: People against hunting, but who don't have a problem buying new condos built on previous wetland habitat.
---RIP-Woody-1/26/2010--
Evil_McNasty
hunter

Return to Archery