New Bow

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

New Bow

Postby MossyGO! » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:26 am

Finally got into archery this year. With the short rifle season in washington this year it had to be done. After talking with a couple folks on here, i went to talk to tony at kodiak archery outside of spokane,wa. He let me shoot everything he had but nothing felt "right" to me. Really great guy, never met anyone like him. He told me about another bow that he didn't have and sent me to another outfiiter, I shot it and fell in love. Ended up with the tomcat by bowtech. It's weird that being new and never being in contact with bows, that that one just felt right. The only problem I have is that tony fitted me at a 29.5 draw but the other outfitter fit me at 28. Of course the other guy didn't have a 28 so he said he trusted tony so he put in a 29.5 module. Of course they can be changed but who do you believe when you are new? Tony did the left fist against the wall and face towards it and the other did the arrow test(both hands straight together in front of you. So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm really happy with the bow, glad I waited until I found one I think feels right but I'd like to know, how were you measured in draw length? Thanks
idahofowler wrote: i can shoulder a gun faster than anyone i know. i try to let the people i'm hunting with have the first shot because i can clean house even if i fire last. with instinct shots, no one beats me.
MossyGO!
Forum & State Moderator

Postby choclab » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:22 am

Congrats on the new Tomcat :thumbsup: You'll like it alot. I have shot a few arows out of one and I liked it alot.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby mattm25tx » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:28 pm

I just got a tomcat a few months ago and really like it. robin hooded a arrow on the 2nd shot after installing a new sight
Matts Mobile Marine Service

If your not living life on the edge you are taking up too much room
mattm25tx
hunter

Postby skybuster20ga » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm

team bowtech baby
-keep your booger hook off the bang switch 'till your ready to shoot"
skybuster20ga
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:31 pm

Us Bowtech fellas got to stick together :yes: I was measured by pulling back on a bow, one of those cheap kids bows that had a rod attached that had marks on it for draw lengths. How did he do yours?
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MossyGO! » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:39 pm

well I was measured with my left fist straight against the wall (to the left)and then turn my head towards it, then he taped the distance. The other place uses an arrow with measurements, you keep your back straight and put your hands together in front of you and they measure from the bottom of your neck to the tips of your fingers. Luckily length can be changed but between the two, they were 1.5 inches different so we'll see I guess. Right now it's at 29.5.
idahofowler wrote: i can shoulder a gun faster than anyone i know. i try to let the people i'm hunting with have the first shot because i can clean house even if i fire last. with instinct shots, no one beats me.
MossyGO!
Forum & State Moderator

Postby skybuster20ga » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:51 pm

yours was measure correctly to your comfortable anchor point. thats how we have done it for ever w/ the most accurate and comfy results
skybuster20ga
hunter

Postby mattm25tx » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:21 pm

I need to get out and shoot mine hopefully i will get to do it more next week when i move to the lake. set up my treestand and get some good elevated practice .

mattm25tx
hunter

Postby mattm25tx » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:23 pm

what full size deer target would yall suggest I was thinking of getting a glendale full rut

mattm25tx
hunter

Postby skybuster20ga » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:23 pm

i have 4 glendels very nice target. i like the standard makenzies. little smaller target and the 10 ring is a little tighter. just a little more fine tuned. remember aim small miss small
skybuster20ga
hunter

Postby mattm25tx » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:26 pm

here is my tomcat and a trophy

mattm25tx
hunter

Postby skybuster20ga » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:27 pm

hahaha your sposed to shoot ya buddys arrows man.
skybuster20ga
hunter

Postby mattm25tx » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:40 pm

not to bad seein as I only have about 2 doz arrows flung from this bow total

mattm25tx
hunter

Return to Archery