Whisper Biscuit part II

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Whisper Biscuit part II

Postby DeadGreenHead » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:24 am

If you don't mind me asking, what problems did you have with the rest? I do a lot more duck hunting than deer hunting, but a friend of mine just bought 80 acres in Reed City and my in-laws just bought 100 acres in Lupton. Both properties are loaded with deer, so I am thinking about trying to get half way serious. I shot does this year with the WB, but I got busted as soon as I drew back. I am concerned about a smart buck getting spooked enough to leave the area. I love the idea of the rest, and I was figuring that there wouldn't be much that could go wrong because of the simplistic design.
DeadGreenHead
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:00 am

well first thing u gotta understand is im very funny when it comes to my equipment. the first problem i had was fletching. (this was a couple of years ago) after i switched to blazers that stopped. but, i talked a friend into letin me put his drop away on my bow. it was more accurate at long shots, it was quieter, and just a plus it looked better. if your just gonna shoot a couple of deer at 20 yds, you got nothin to worry about. but if you wanna get "serious" i like the drop away. i think a lot of it is a mind game. i didnt like the idea of my fletchings having to go through it. i think its a good rest to start with though.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby MissedAgain » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:44 pm

I like the idea of the WB rest.

I currently have one on a 2007 Parker Wildfire XP - I was supposed to get back into bow hunting this year...long story there. I have a nice 2007 Parker for sale if anyone is interested... :sad:

I've been shooting bows regularly since I was 8 (30 years) and can hold my own out to 35/40 yards. Never cared to shoot any further.

Anyway - my old Bear Whitetail shoots groups 1/4 the sized of the ones I can shoot with the Parker. The primary differences were the sights and the rest.

I then changed the sight on the Parker and that helped. The only thing left is the WB.

With the Bear I have trouble not damaging arrows (knocks and vanes) shooting 4 arrow groups at 20-25 yds (as far as I can shoot in my backyard). With the Parker most groups are 2 to 3 inches across.

The WB is defintely a hunters arrow rest. The arrows don't fall out of it and it is quiet. You will pay with some accuracy.

Some of the newer drop-away rests are designed so the arrows can't fall out - I would buy one of those if I was going to stay with it.
What duck?
MissedAgain
hunter

Postby MNGooseBuster22 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:26 am

If you are worried about losing your arrow off the shelf of the rest go with a QAD. They are very nice rests and have full containment!! If you aren't worried about that then go woth either a Vapor Trail Limbdriver or Trophy Taker Pronghorn. Both great rests!!!!
"When the geese are flying and the air is crisp, you know where I will be! The Corn fields and Bean fields of Minnesota!!!!!"
MNGooseBuster22
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:33 am

MNGooseBuster22 wrote:If you are worried about losing your arrow off the shelf of the rest go with a QAD. They are very nice rests and have full containment!! If you aren't worried about that then go woth either a Vapor Trail Limbdriver or Trophy Taker Pronghorn. Both great rests!!!!

i have to agree with goose buster, go with the trophy taker or limbdriver. i have a dropzone i love also. only thing though, the limb driver can be hard to get the timing right.
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:26 pm

If your just starting out or plan on doing alot of stalking then stick with the WB but if you want to get serious then get a serious rest. Trophy Taker
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mag225 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:47 pm

I love my fall away... Only problem I have is that the rest is metal, so when I draw back the metal on metal screetching sounds like a bomb siren to me. I'll fix it after the season is over, so far, I havn't been busted because of it yet. I used to shoot a WB and always worried that my imperfect form would **** up the arrows trajectory. I didn't like the thought of the arrow being affected by the bow for so long after my release, so switched.
mag225
hunter

Postby MNGooseBuster22 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:44 pm

Well the metal on metal can be fixed with the simple aplication of mole skin! That will quiet everything!
"When the geese are flying and the air is crisp, you know where I will be! The Corn fields and Bean fields of Minnesota!!!!!"
MNGooseBuster22
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:41 am

mag225 wrote:I love my fall away... Only problem I have is that the rest is metal, so when I draw back the metal on metal screetching sounds like a bomb siren to me. I'll fix it after the season is over, so far, I havn't been busted because of it yet. I used to shoot a WB and always worried that my imperfect form would **** up the arrows trajectory. I didn't like the thought of the arrow being affected by the bow for so long after my release, so switched.

you can buy a solution to put on your rest and it will stop that noise. its an alternative to mole skin. the mole skin works fine, but it dont last as long. lol its not actually hard to reapply either.
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby MNGooseBuster22 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:53 am

Yeah you are right there are many other options that do last longer than mole skin you should just go to your local archery pro shop and they will hook you up!!!!! :thumbsup:
MNGooseBuster22
hunter

Postby budalcorn45 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:26 am

I love my trophy taker...Great rest, and relatively inexpensive compared to some other fall aways. I will never be able to go back to my old prong style rest. (quick tune)
budalcorn45
hunter

Postby montana quackhead » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:27 pm

Love the whisker biscuit! It only gives me a problem when it's -20 outside. Which I should be inside editing footage! Love the whisker biscuit, plus it's N.C. made!
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:17 pm

If you love it in your hearts then your going to shoot better with it because you are confindent and focused on the shot, good luck and yea -20 sucks
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby montana quackhead » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:37 pm

Yep, it's helped me kill two big P&Y bucks the last two years! :thumbsup:
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter

do not use

Postby ghilliehunter » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:31 pm

I used one for a little while but had to refletch all the time :thumbsdown: because of the excessive wear on the fletchings. also here in wisconsin during late season they will freeze up and strip fletchings off making them useless. :mad:
RIP slayer, only the good die young
ghilliehunter
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:47 pm

QAD rests are on my Hoyt and Mathews.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby buffleheadnc2 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:47 am

I love the wb ihave shot on a mathews and now shoot it on a bear truth and it has worked great on both. I think the blazer style vanes do work better with it. I am strictly a bow hunter so it has always been plenty accurate for me.
buffleheadnc2
Forum Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:11 am

Whisker Biscuits are a good rest, the only problem is they will tear up fletchings over time. That being said, there is a rest that is basically the same, but with out the problems. Look into the Hostage Pro rest. It's the same as the WB, but it only has three brushes and they go in between the vanes, so there is no fletching damage. I just put one on my new bow and I love that rest. The arrow won't fall out and it won't damage your fletching. The only thing is it runs 80 bucks, the regular Hostage is a little less but I like the Pro alot better. Well worth the extra money.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Archery