vertical pin sight?

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

vertical pin sight?

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:04 am

if anyone uses one like the new trophy ridge. how do u like it? heard anything negative?
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby Evil_McNasty » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:18 pm

I bought one and didn't like it at all. It just didn't work with my eyes. To me I need the visual above and below the pin to get a good reference for elevation. But take a look at them in the store, and try to shoot a bow with one. It does work good w/ some dudes' eyes, just not mine.
--Hunters don't care about nature, but loony animal activists who've never been outside of San Francisco do??!!
--Hipocrisy: People against hunting, but who don't have a problem buying new condos built on previous wetland habitat.
---RIP-Woody-1/26/2010--
Evil_McNasty
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:50 pm

thats exactly the problem i thought i would have just by lookin at them, but ive never shot one. im gettin ready to get a new sight, but i need to know what type i want first. i agree with you though. i look up and down more on my sight than side to side. any recommendations?
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby Evil_McNasty » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:04 pm

I had a Copper John Dead Nuts 2 on my last bow (now my back up) and it was great. On my new bow I have a G5 which is also nice. I bought the G5 more because of how it matched my bow visually (HWD camo and harmonic damper), but I think the Copper John's pins were better for visibility. On this sight the fibers are pushed through the ring at the end of the pin and kind of flair, so you only see the fiber tip. On the G5 the fibers are flush to the pin rings so you see the metal ring around the rim of the fiber. So going from the CJ to the G5 it appears as if you are giving up some sight window for the metal. But it is still a really nice sight. Very solidly built and adjustments are waaaay better on the G5.
--Hunters don't care about nature, but loony animal activists who've never been outside of San Francisco do??!!
--Hipocrisy: People against hunting, but who don't have a problem buying new condos built on previous wetland habitat.
---RIP-Woody-1/26/2010--
Evil_McNasty
hunter

Postby Tuff » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:38 am

I have a 3 pin, Trophy Ridge, I love it...... Never had any problems and can't imagine ever going back...... But everyone is different, I would go into your Pro shop and try out one to see how it feels for you
Tuff
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:43 am

do u have any problems with shooting low or high b/c of the line behind the pins or do u just get so used to it u dont even notice?
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby Tuff » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:23 pm

I never even notice it......
Tuff
hunter

Postby mag225 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:51 pm

YESSS!!!! I'm shooting the copper john dead nutts 2 with .019 peeps and love it.
mag225
hunter

Postby SDATVER » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:32 pm

I have a 5 pin Trophy Ridge and love it!!
Franchi 912 Variomax
Winchester 1300
Browning BPS 10ga.
SDATVER
hunter

Return to Archery