beginner Bow

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

beginner Bow

Postby thomashamm2 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:15 pm

well my friends dad offered to take me bow hunting for deer if I get a bow. He told me to ask for one for my birthday (august) so id probably start going in 2015 if I did get one. What would be a good bow to deer hunt with. I will be 15 in august 130 pounds 5 ft 9 if that helps any. thanks
thomashamm2
hunter

Re: beginner Bow

Postby Honk-n-quack » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:52 pm

Take a hard look at Parker.great bows, made in America and lifetime warranty.
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:26 pm

If you can visit an archery shop with a good selection you should be able to try some out before buying. A good shop will help you with draw length and general fit and the poundage you can pull. If you have the slightest idea that you will be into bowhunting go with a quality bow from the start. There are "beginner" bows, so to speak, but I'd start off with something you'll want to keep shooting for a few years rather than buy a newer better bow down the line. Good luck!
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby thomashamm2 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:50 pm

Baymen Moe wrote:If you can visit an archery shop with a good selection you should be able to try some out before buying. A good shop will help you with draw length and general fit and the poundage you can pull. If you have the slightest idea that you will be into bowhunting go with a quality bow from the start. There are "beginner" bows, so to speak, but I'd start off with something you'll want to keep shooting for a few years rather than buy a newer better bow down the line. Good luck!

Thanks, I know that if i do start bowhunting im gonna love it just dont know when im gonna start...it will be some time though i can feel it so i would like to get a quality bow.
thomashamm2
hunter

Postby Honk-n-quack » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:16 pm

Look at the bowtech fuel, looks like a great deal, I may get one myself
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby blackrock » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:04 am

I would look at Bowtech too, I bought my son one and it's awesome. Not sure which model, it came totally set up for just over six bills. Shoots way better than my Hoyt, quiet and fast, from a few years back.
blackrock
hunter

Return to Archery