buying a new one.

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

buying a new one.

Postby hillman raider » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Im going to go buy a new bow pretty soon. Ive narrowed it down to a diamond marquis or a bear truth 2. Whats your guys imput on these two bow.

Thanks

Eric
hillman raider
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:25 pm

i havent shot either but if i had to get one id go with the diamond.

for the same money you could get a bowtech or a parker. but im not bashin your decision. if its comfortable to you get it. have you shot the black ice?
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby hillman raider » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:57 pm

I havent shot the black ice, but it looks like a sweet little bow. Ill have to go check that one out.
hillman raider
hunter

Postby jehler » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:13 am

raider, I bought a new bow last year, i shot four or five arrows out of almost every bow they had and picked the one that felt best. ended up with a diamond liberty. It has been a good bow, I don't hunt with it but shoot paper and 3-d with my son. 2-3 thousand arrows later still no problems
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby budalcorn45 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:59 pm

Raider,
I shot the Marquis multiple times at Gander Mountain...I loved it and would have totally bought a new one if I hadn't purchased a Bowtech Guardian already. The Truth 2 is drastically lighter than the last years model, but from everyone that I have talked to, they said that they are not as well put together as the diamonds. Go with whichever one feels the BEST for you. Don't settle for something that is less expensive just in order to save a few dollars.
Maria, there are a lot of women floating in the river...But you are the only one I would like to mount and stuff above my fireplace. (Max Goldman, Grumpier old Men)
budalcorn45
hunter

Postby choclab » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:56 am

I looked at the FB....I liked it alot. I almost bought it as a back up bow....awsome price too
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby jrockncash » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:53 pm

I like Parkers seem like you get a pretty good deal for the money. But its all about how you like the bow. The more you like it the more you will shoot it. Parkers new bow is supposed to be pretty good its called the BlackHawk and my friend and dealer just got them in yesterday. I am going into town to shoot one tonight. I also like the smoothness of the Ross bows and Mathews bows. But Mathews customer service is utterly terrible. So I wont buy one from them. Let us know what you got.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:33 pm

I've talked to the people about the Marquis. Everyone I've talked to says to get the Black Ice instead. They tell me they think it shoots better than Matthews. My advice: Shoot the Black Ice, Marquis, Fred Bear, and whatever else might pop in your head at your local pro shop. I know Gander Mtn and Bass Pro Shops have archery ranges for you to test bows on. Just my .02
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Swanyriver » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:59 pm

The bears have had some trouble with idler wheels and cams that cant off of center thus causing premature wearing on serving until
the string has to be replaced early. I will be getting a Black Ice this summer and chose it over the Marquis for a couple reasons. The Marquis felt too long for me and also seemed way too top heavy. The decrease in brace height is not in my favor either. Another prob is that if you shoot blazer vanes it will not clear the buss cables and make contact. This is a problem considering the roller cable guard is not adjustable. The '08 Black ice has the same problem but you can correct it with an aftermarket cable slide.
Swanyriver
hunter

Postby jrockncash » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:22 pm

I shot the parker Blackhawk yesterday, wow. I was very impressed for a 650 dollar bow it was very smooth. Cardiac and Blackhawk are very similar but the blackhawk is lighter and more compact which is nice if you hunt and hike alot. No one I know sells the Diamond so I dont get to see them let alone shoot them.

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

jrockncash
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:31 pm

Has anyone shot the frontier 2 - plus?

i havent seen one in the proshop. but they look good and theyre fast. :hijacked:
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby jrockncash » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:29 pm

I have shot it a bunch. It is fast as hell but for me its not forgiving at all. If your a guy that has perfect form then you wont have many problems with it. I couldnt get it to do what I like. The Single cam versions not bad. Parker stopped all of last years models(Frontier, hornet) cause they are counting on the blackhawk.

jrockncash
hunter

Return to Archery