Deal or no Deal?

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Postby don taylor » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:23 pm

Doesn't shootin at stumps jack your arrows up? I have a range finder I intend to carry. I bought the stupid thing for 300 dollars and I've only used it to check 2 BS stories. " I shot that deer at 276 yards" and " what do ya mean to far? he was maybe 150 tops!" I shoot 125 grain field points and these Muzzy's seem to have a great rep for quaility. I intend on shooting 125 only. I didn't think it was a big deal to switch. I switch bullet weights and adjust for it.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jrockncash » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:33 am

Are you still shootin instinctive or did you get a new sight? The weight of the arrow tip will change the trajectory quite a bit. But if you are shooting instinctive and practice alot mixing arrows you will be alright. Muzzy is a good dollar for dollar broadhead. Tough accurate and cheap.

Shootin stumps can mess up arrows thats why I shoot the rotten ones. The judos are nice cause if you miss it keeps your arrows from snakin under ground.

There are other reason not to switch tips. It can change the spline of your arrow and bring it out of tune.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:33 am

heres my best method for learning yardage:

i put a latter stand or a platform up in the yard. get a package of balloons and some cheap arrows with field heads. blow up the balloons about 3 to 6" in diameter and take something like pins to hold them to the ground. put them randomly all around the yard and start shooting. its a fun game to play with buddies.

also, i would place my target in an open area with no reference points. you'd be suprised how the lay of the land can screw with yardage.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Archery