looking to buy a bow

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

looking to buy a bow

Postby gadwall getter » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:46 pm

im in the market to buy a bow and was wondering which bow has the most "bang for it's buck"??? any help appreciated. thanks!
DUCKS ARE GOOD EATS. EAT WHAT YOU KILL.
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:11 pm

You honestly can't buy a bad bow anymore. With the high end bows, I think you just pay for a name. One word though, Diamond. The Black Ice is a sweet bow. Smooth and quiet for 649 bare. Bear makes a good bow as well for fairly cheap, just stay away from the Truth 2, the yoke cable rubs the string at full draw. You can pick up a Parker trailblazer at Gander for 449 all set up. PSE's are a little heavy, but are good bows. I'd get the Diamond Black Ice if I didn't just buy a High Country Iron Mace. If you got anymore questions lemme know, and I'll do my best to answer.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Oregon Honker » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:55 am

look at bowtech i love my gardian verry sweet bow :thumbsup:
Killem
Oregon Honker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:56 am

Oregon Honker wrote:look at bowtech i love my gardian verry sweet bow :thumbsup:

Diamond is made by bowtech, they just have a single cam and are a little cheaper.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gadwall getter » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:25 am

thanks for all the help guys! im gonna keep researching and see what i really wanna get. ill have to look into the diamond black ice bow a little more. thanks again!
DUCKS ARE GOOD EATS. EAT WHAT YOU KILL.
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:39 pm

No problem. Just go out and shoot a few and see what you like best. What's good for one person isn't good for another. If you want to fork out an extra 100 bucks you could get a Diamond Marquis. Same bow as the Black Ice, just a little faster and has a string tamer. Personally I dont' like the way string tamers look, but they do their jobs.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Archery