Seasons End

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Seasons End

Postby buffleheadnc2 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:16 pm

Well our bow season is winding down time to break out the .308 win. and knock some more down. Had a good year with the bow and managed to scratch out a few. I hope every one has had or will have a very succesfull season.
buffleheadnc2
Forum Moderator

Postby TNmatt83 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:59 pm

Dusted off the muzzleloader today and hopefully if i get off work in time i'm going to the range tomorrow to make sure she's ready to go for the next part of the season. I still hunt several places that are bow only so i'm not ready to put it away just yet.
TNmatt83
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:13 pm

same here matt. I got the ML to shoot this weekend, but theres some spots that are archery only that are looking real good to me. I may have to hold off.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:29 am

I'm from Texas, and the season's in missouri sure are different.

Bow Season Starts middle of September, then Nov15-25 if rifle season, yes just 10 days of rifle. After that its MuzzleLoader / Bow Season again for another month or so.

The whole reason I got in to bow hunting was b/c I moved to Missouri. Mostly b/c if you don't bow hunt then you only have a 10 Day rifle season to take a deer in.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby TNmatt83 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:48 am

The 1st part of bow season here ends Oct 31st then it's muzzleloader for a week then back to bow till the 21st then gun opens for 2 weeks then back to muzzleloader for a week then another week of archery then gun again till Jan 11th. It's all over the place, if i didn't keep a card with the season dates on me i'd just be confused all the time. But we have a balanced time for archery, muzzleloader and gun. We used to only have 1 week of muzzleloader but they went to two weeks a few years ago. I usually just bow hunt during muzzleloader but i think i'm gonna try it a little more this year.
TNmatt83
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:52 pm

Thats a mess. Here bow season opens october 1 and runs till the end of january.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby TNmatt83 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:34 pm

well i think i made it sound more confusing than it is. you can archery hunt the whole time and you can hunt with a muzzleloader during rifle you just can't go down a weapon
TNmatt83
hunter

Postby cuppedup50 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:03 am

yea mzl season is where it is at in IMO.
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:45 pm

yea mzl season is where it is at in IMO.

I might have to take it up next year. I used to own an old hawkin's style muzzle loader, but I think if I bought a new one it would have to be an inline muzzle loader.

Or if crossbows are legal during muzzle loader season, that could be fun too, I need to look into that.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby birddog crazy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:44 pm

deer season in missouri goes sept. 15th til the november 15th, then it is rifle season for 11 days, then it is archery for another 52 days, and you also have muzzle loader for 10 or so days starting the weekend after thankssgiving, plus you also have a antlerless deer only gun season for about 10 days in december also. This means you can use a firearm for deer hunting for about 30 plus days when you figure rifle and muzzleloader, plus you also have a total of 118 days of bow season to hunt deer also , and this does not count management hunts held..
birddogs rule and all the rest drool, for birddogs love you for you and do not ask for anything in return but love so hug your birddog
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Postby spoonerlab » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:34 pm

your bow season ends this early? :huh: in maryland we go from mid september to january 31st with only a few days break, yet we have only 2 weeks of rifle :no:
spoonerlab
hunter

Postby buffleheadnc2 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:29 pm

Well I have knosked out a few with the BIG guns including this bid six.
buffleheadnc2
Forum Moderator

Postby montana quackhead » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:00 pm

Nice work Billy!! Hope we can get out over the xmas holiday!
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter

Postby buffleheadnc2 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:32 am

Thanks MQ its the biggest 6 pt. I have ever killed. I hope you can make it and do some hunting with us this year. I am switching jobs this week going to the sheriffs office so I hope my schedule will be a little more flexible.
buffleheadnc2
Forum Moderator

Return to Archery