Champion Archery

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Champion Archery

Postby holton39 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:20 am

Anyone shoot a Champion bow? I got one a few years back at a Going Out of Business sale...50% off everything in the store...it was my first bow. Still have it, haven't shot it much. Just wondering if anyone shoots one...I think Champion is out of business now too. Also, what does a tune up generally cost? Never had one done.
holton39
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:22 pm

Never shot a Champion. What exactly do you mean by tune up? You can get just about everything done to it at Gander for about 50 bucks, at least at mine. We take the bow apart lube the limb pockets and axels, wax the string, check the timing, check the nock point, adjust draw weight and length, adjust your rest, and papertune (maybe some other stuff). You can do less than that and it goes down as low as 20 bucks. If you haven't shot it for years and years I'd tell you to go ahead and get the whole deal though. :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby holton39 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:05 pm

yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking too. I wonder if I need a new sting...lol. It's funny the thoughts you have during the "off-season"...I sure do miss mornings in the field. How long until opening weekend? haha
holton39
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:10 pm

I've got bout 10 months. :rofl: If it's anything like this year it won't matter anyway. I've gotten to deer hunt two times this year. If your string doesn't have any broken strands don't worry bout it. If there are fuzzies on the outside that's fine, but you don't want broken strands. When you take it in make sure they look at the inner strands though, they can be broken and you would never know.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MathewsArcher » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:51 pm

FYI - Champion has been out of business for a while, they were sued over a patent infringement issue by another Canadian Bow Company that holds the patent on modular solocams. Darton bought up their existing inventory and may even have some old parts kicking around.
MathewsArcher
hunter

Return to Archery