Competition Archery

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Competition Archery

Postby duck slayer02 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:13 am

Does anybody on here do it? I'm thinking about starting. I'd like to do 3-D, but we have some 20 yard 5-spot tourneys around here too. If you do, Do you have any tips or pointers for someone starting? I've shot for about 3 years. All and any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
David
"Stephens Waterfowling"
duck slayer02
hunter

3-d

Postby nharold » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:41 am

I go to a few 3-d tourneys a year.It's fun and good pratice for hunting.Its important to get good at range estimation.
Bird hunter and bowhunter
nharold
hunter

3d shoots

Postby DuckCraz » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:56 pm

In Eastern Oregon we have quite a bit of 3d shoots. I like to make it to as many as I can, like nharold said, its a good way way to practice and be have fun and competitive. You really need to be good at judging distances, down hill, up hill shots, shooting moving targets, and being able to shoot kneeling. 3d shoots are alot of fun!!! be sure to bring the family or even friends along. The best part alot of them consist of shooting two days if you want to be competitive or only shooting one day if you want to shoot for fun its your choice. Depends on the shoot you go to they may have door prizes, games, and much more. Alot of them also have a practice range so you can stretch out before you start the courses.

Hope I helped and good luck!! you really should try a couple they are alot of fun!!!

ElkCraz
DuckCraz
Newb

Postby - Andy - » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:14 pm

I do a fair bit of both. I'm not real big into spots/Vegas shooting. I vastly prefer 3-D (IBO) or field archery. Helluva lot of fun.
Tell your wife you love her, wrestle in the yard with your kids, shake your best friend's hand, let your dog sleep on the bed, and thank God for all the blessings in your life.
- Andy -
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:16 pm

I do a little 3d and hunting. Both are fun and both are completely different. I centered arrows all year and missed the first deer of the season so...

pointers, get some binoculars and learn to estimate ranges. 3 yards matters with a quarter sized ring. Also, meet some friends that do it. its much more fun and competitive in a group.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby MathewsArcher » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:55 pm

I've shot everything from 3D to Outdoor FITA. Go out and have fun in whatever type of shooting you enjoy. MY highlight was making the podium with Dave Cousins and John Dudley at an Arizona cup FITA event.
MathewsArcher
hunter

Return to Archery