PSE Fire Flight Express

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

PSE Fire Flight Express

Postby rstrong » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:28 pm

Hello everyone,
I have a PSE Fire Flight Express that I have not used in years. I have recently moved to Texas and decided to take up bowhunting again. Well, to make a long story short, I blew the dust off this thing and noticed that the paint is coming off the limbs on the sides. My question is, has anyone ever had this happen? I think this bow was made somtime around '88-'92. I bought the thing used and really have not shot it in years. I would just go and update my equipment. but I have never taken anything with it and would really like to before I retire it. I am strange that way, but I do not want the thing to explode on me either. Any info would be of help. Thanks in advance.
rstrong
hunter

Re: PSE Fire Flight Express

Postby GroundSwatter » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:17 pm

rstrong wrote:Hello everyone,
I have a PSE Fire Flight Express that I have not used in years. I have recently moved to Texas and decided to take up bowhunting again. Well, to make a long story short, I blew the dust off this thing and noticed that the paint is coming off the limbs on the sides. My question is, has anyone ever had this happen? I think this bow was made somtime around '88-'92. I bought the thing used and really have not shot it in years. I would just go and update my equipment. but I have never taken anything with it and would really like to before I retire it. I am strange that way, but I do not want the thing to explode on me either. Any info would be of help. Thanks in advance.

I have not heard of this happening, but I would take it to the archery shop and get it checked out if you haven't used it in a long time. I don't know if there is anything special about the paint on the bows, but if you're knocking dust off of it, you might need to get it re-strung and have the timing checked on the cams.

Otherwise, get it re-strung and make it into a bow fishing rig. Texas has some great bowfishing opportunities and its a great way to get some use out of an older bow. Some of those alligator gars weigh as much as a deer.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Return to Archery