Sighting In Question

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Sighting In Question

Postby usmc2220 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Ok so here's my question... I'm sitting in and I know if you want the arrow to go right let's say you follow it by moving the sight right and it will move the arrow further right. Theres the logic... now with fine tuneing (lets say I need my arrow to come 1/4" right) and I move the sight to far to the right, would that cause my arrow to move further to the left.

I know I shouldn't spend any significant ammount of time shooting because after a few shots you start to get shaky and loose accuracy. My arrows we almost dead on, the started moving WAY left (felt like good shot's I'm pretty good about being honest with myself if I'm spreading fudge).

Anyways thanks for the help and feedback guys.

Aaron
usmc2220
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:32 pm

Follow the arrow on all shots. If it needs to go 1/4" just tap it a little bit.

As for shooting. I go out, shoot a quiver full, then go inside and sit for an hour or so. Sometimes I'll only shoot 3 and wait. The only shot that counts is your first one, and if you get in a routine you shoot a little different, so I try and simulate the first shot so when I shoot at something it will hit where I practiced.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby LaRedneck » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:54 pm

Yes follow you arrow, see if your arrow is off to the right and you move the sight to the intened target your pulling the site to the correct sight line therefore moving closer to the intended target.

But first is everything else in tune? What sort of rest do you have? Bow? Peep site? Draw weight?

As far as siteing in I would lower the weight till your close then you can tighten it back up once your on target to save energy.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 82989 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:57 pm

If its hitting dead on at say 20 yards. And you move to 30 and it shoots to the right. But you if you move it it will be of at 20. Then you need to do what is called a walk back tune. Everything else needs to be set up right on your bow for everything to work (rest, the right spline arrows, draw weight, peep). Your sight should be for "adjustments only", if this makes sense. Make sure everything else is right first.
hunter

Return to Archery