Replacement String Recommendations

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Replacement String Recommendations

Postby usmc2220 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:05 pm

Any brands and reasons why or why not? Looking for ones to look at and a list to stay away from... Thanks
usmc2220
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:28 pm

Winner's Choice or Zebra string. By the way, I cleaned my room today and found your manual for your bow. Then I realized "Crap...." Did you get a hold of one or are you still needing it? Sorry bout that one...

You got your bow at Gander right? If you did they should have Zebra strings there. If not tell them to call store 320 and I'll send them one and your paper work all together.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby usmc2220 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:46 am

Preacher1011 wrote:Winner's Choice or Zebra string. By the way, I cleaned my room today and found your manual for your bow. Then I realized "Crap...." Did you get a hold of one or are you still needing it? Sorry bout that one...

You got your bow at Gander right? If you did they should have Zebra strings there. If not tell them to call store 320 and I'll send them one and your paper work all together.

I never did get the manua to my bow... I was looking online at the 2009 one on the sight. I did get it at Gander. The string doesn't look broken/damaged. I know I probably don't have 1,000 shots on it yet, but still going back and forth on just doing it now and make it a routine everytime around this year after the season.

If you could still send the paperwork for my bow that would be awesome.

Thanks again,

Aaron
usmc2220
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:56 pm

Is this a new bow, you shouldn't have to change the strings say once every three years or so keeping in mind your wax it correctly and its been taking care of in the off season.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:15 pm

Yep keeping them waxed is the big thing. My old bow that I use to bowfish with now has been on there for at least 7 or 8 years and is fine. I wax after every day I shoot. If you'll PM me your address again I'll try to ship that out this week.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 82989 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:52 pm

Keep it waxed. Dont keep it in your truck or in the sun to bake. Also if you shoot a lot replace it every year. If not every two POSSIBLY three will do, if you take care of it.
hunter

Return to Archery