crossbows

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

crossbows

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:49 am

I am in the market for a Crossbow. I have never owned one and am looking for information on what ones can be the most accurate and reliable. the local guys all swear by the 10-point crossbows but I have heard that barnett is the best also. I will be hunting with it, but more than anything I just want one :yes: I have seen them up to $1500 and there is even one now that mounts to an AR-15 lower assembly so I could maintain my match trigger and m4 stock if I wanted. bring on the info :bow:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Re: crossbows

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:20 pm

In my opinion go either 10 point, 6 point (10 points longbow style crossbows), or Excalibur. If you want my down to earth opinion get a longbow style. There's less to go wrong. I've seen split limbs, broken cables, and all sorts of crap come back from the compound style, but nothing from the longbow style. There's just less to go wrong with them, but they are a bit wider. My .02
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby kevinallen3232 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:10 pm

I have tryed a the new one by Horton and couldn't get it to shoot the same with broadheads so I went back with my excaliber and haven't had any troubles :thumbsup:
kevinallen3232
hunter

Postby fallnl » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:47 pm

I was once given an old Barnett Rhino Sport Mag. It worked well, but it was kinda chincy...lots of plastic and such...I've liked the looks of 10 point though...I'd go with that if I had the money or the want to downgrade from my real bow... :lol:
If it flies...It might not die, but by God it will get a damned good dodging workout!!!

2009 TOTALS:
Mallard: 5

Team Quackers for Quackers...(the lowly probie)
fallnl
hunter

Postby doehunter » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:30 pm

I bought a Barnett Quad 4 a few years back when I was having trouble with my shoulder.
What a piece of ##@p.
The trigger is too heavy for me. Before I even got used to it, the cables started wearing and breaking strands. After getting it restrung, I found I can group way better with my regular compound bow. I dropped the poundage a little to give my shoulder a break and killed deer.
If anyone wants a Barnett Quad 4, I could make you a good deal!
Go with the ten point, there's less to go wrong.
doehunter
hunter

Postby cuppedup50 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:31 pm

ive got a barnett wildcat..........n really like it.
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby jacob321 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:36 pm

Barnett is the way to go! Great craftsmanship.
jacob321
hunter

Return to Archery