Need some help please!!!!!

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Need some help please!!!!!

Postby duckgirl1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:11 am

I need some help.... I love to shoot and have always had a had hard time seeing through a scope. I found out the other day that I am right handed but left eye dominate. Which would explain the issues I was having. But to top it off I have a stigmatisum in my right eye. So my question Is there any way to make my right eye the dominate eye? Any little tricks that I could do? My dream one day is to go bag an elk and would be hard without the use of a scope. Please any help would be wonderful
duckgirl1
Newb

Re: Need some help please!!!!!

Postby killerv » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:18 pm

you need to make sure the scope is properly setup for YOU on the gun. Eye relief, etc. I have an astigmatism in my left eye and although right handed still have to shoot off of my left shoulder occasionally. The toric contact lenses help but an astigmatism will always be one unless you have surgery. It sounds like a little practice and assurance is all you need though.
killerv
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:36 pm

Do you close your other eye when you shoot through the scope?
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:09 pm

Preacher1011 wrote:Do you close your other eye when you shoot through the scope?

Real good question. I do when there is a glare but generally I have both open.

if your left eye dominate you will probably find it easier to patch or close your left eye. also as stated above, you can adjust the eye relief of the scope. I would go with a higher quality scope like a Zeiss, pentax or VX III which have better "focus" adjustments than a lot of lower end scopes which could help you. I have nothing aginst $100 scopes at all and have them on my rimfires but a lot of them have an issue (especially if you have eyesight issues) to either focus on the cross hairs and the target be blury or focus on the target and the cross hairs be blury. Just my experience.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum