Eotech

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Eotech

Postby mw46 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:57 pm

Does anybody have any experience with Eotech sights? Im looking at some for an AR. Ive heard lots of good things about them but was wondering if theres anything as good for a few dollars less.
The coot fighter
mw46
hunter

Re: Eotech

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:10 am

I've heard the new HOLOsight from Bushnell is good. It looks the exact same as the Eotech, just a little shorter. Reticle is the same and everything.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Prowler » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:05 pm

Do not go with any imitations, they will only cost you in the long run. You should look at either Aimpoint or Eotech. I own both, and personally Eotech is what I prefer. The little crosshairs really help when shooting at longer distances and using your battle-field zero - the bottom crosshair will serve as your POI in closer quarters.
"Sherrif"
Prowler
hunter

Postby Kurt » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:19 pm

save your money and get an acog
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby Prowler » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:52 pm

ACOG or Eotech? Totally different sights, period, so I hate to burst your bubble but how does an ACOG have anything to do with an Eotech (I am assuming you arent talking about there red-dot).
"Sherrif"
Prowler
hunter

Postby Sinister » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Prowler wrote:Do not go with any imitations, they will only cost you in the long run. You should look at either Aimpoint or Eotech. I own both, and personally Eotech is what I prefer. The little crosshairs really help when shooting at longer distances and using your battle-field zero - the bottom crosshair will serve as your POI in closer quarters.

I wounldn't call it a imitation since EOTech makes the Bushnell sight, this is right from EOTech's website:

"EOTech is the exclusive manufacturer of EOTech HOLOgraphic Weapon Sights
and the Bushnell HOLOsight (consumer model)."

It just doesn't have all the features of current EOTech models like the NV or the aluminum shroud. I have heard that the Bushnell holosight is the same thing as the older EOTech 502.
Sinister
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:35 am

Make sure you put a million candle power searchlight on the rail, mount a breaching muzzle brake, and infrared laser :hi:

You know an AR could never be usefull or shoot good without these things :rolleyes:

But if you must go the gear queer route I'd say an ACOG
devildog28
hunter

Postby 44Guy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:40 pm

eotechs are awesome. Like it was said before the cross-hairs are great. once dialed in they're a extremely accurate!
44Guy
Newb

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum