another glock question

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

another glock question

Postby birddog crazy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:26 pm

Here is a question , which I could use some help on.I just picked up another 45 glock model 21 from a dealer who's wholesaler had some law enforcedment trade in's and was letting these models go for a great steal of a deal which , i could not say no to. My question is does any know which agency's carry glock 21's, I know of only one and it is the alaska state troopers, just curious who else it would have been. I tried doing internet searches, struck out there , even called the glock company- but they were hostile about me asking the question. I just being curious about the gun is all , great shooter, very little wear, just a little from being pulled from the holster it seems. I only paid out 350 for it with extra mag and night sights. any help would be helpful.
birddogs rule and all the rest drool, for birddogs love you for you and do not ask for anything in return but love so hug your birddog
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Re: another glock question

Postby ltcoljdf » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:15 pm

I believe a lot of departments use them, LAPD used to use them but stopped in 2005 because of misfires, glock has since fixed the tigger bar issue. I know Marshall County, WV uses them because I just read a story about one blowing up on the County Chief Deputy.
ltcoljdf
hunter

Postby don taylor » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:02 pm

Its probably from a security firm. The 45 is generally to large of a caliber for police to carry. Besides, with how new of a release the 45 glock is, the budget of the PD would have to be used to justify replacement this soon. I'd think extremely rural, like Alaska, or private company.

Look how long it took the Air force to get rid of the Beretta 92.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby killerv » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:18 pm

I know in my neck of the woods, its up to the officers have to buy their own glocks, but at a nice discount and from a store with a glock law enforcement contract. After that, it is theirs to do with as they please, they can go trade it in at a gun store, sell it, etc. Their chief would have to sign off on some paperwork before they buy the gun so there wouldn't be a lot of officers buying glocks and reselling them. The only issue was with the law enforcement marked mags, but I don't know if they are still marking those mags law enforcements since there are no longer any magazine restrictions.
killerv
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum