glock 4th generation!?

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

glock 4th generation!?

Postby daffy... » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:39 am

any of you firearm salesman gotten the glock 4th generations yet? buddy of my mine that works for cabelas said there on there way. im dying to see pics!!! i did a search and there no reliable source i could find
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Re: glock 4th generation!?

Postby apexhunter » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:05 am

I had one in my hand the other day. Basically it is a modified Gen 3 with a reversible backstrap, reversible mag release with an updated mag to accommodate the release, different grip stippling and a modified dual spring recoil spring assembly (similar to an XD, M&P, etc)...all other parts remain the same. Personally I'm not a Glock fan (totally wrong grip angle & ergonomics for me) so to me it was like lipstick on a pig, but the improvements did make the gun feel a little better and should be more universally acceptable with the flat/arched option on the backstrap.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:15 pm

I don't know that they needed to do all that to it. I just wanted them to change the grip texture from 3rd generation. That texture would be hell on a hand after a few rounds. At least it felt like it to me. I did like the new slide serrations on the 3rds though. Are they priced the same?
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby daffy... » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:31 pm

Which grip are u talking about preach? The RTF?
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

daffy... wrote:Which grip are u talking about preach? The RTF?

I don't know what it's called. It's the one with the little dots all over it that seems like it'll eat up a hand. I thought it was the only grip offered in the 3rd generation at least the only one I've seen. You get a really good grip on them, but I think it would eat you up eventually without gloves.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby daffy... » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:33 pm

Those are the RTF rough texture frame and thats just a 3rd gen model. Im assume thy are goin that route for the4 th gen but dont quote me
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:24 am

Ewww I hope not. I like the 2nd generations just fine. Or even the 1sts. I wouldn't be caught dead (pun not intended :biggrin: ) with a laser on there and I have a surefire for my flashlight.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:30 am

Here's you a pic:

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/hand ... k-pic.html

Now get off your arse and scout... :hammer: :lol3:

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:37 am

I have nothing against glock, but they just don't feel right in my hands. Seems like they made some interesting modifications but if the ergonomics and grip didn't change, then it didn't change enough for me.

It seems like you either love glocks or you don't. They either fit great for you or they don't. They just don't fit well in my hands.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby daffy... » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:48 am

hahaaha preach you seen the new laser that is coming on a lot of the models now? needless to say better hope your battery doesnt die or your gonna be sightless.

i saw that image but the more i searched the more i found possible photoshop-like images...

one up! hahahaa
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby daffy... » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:49 am

heres a pic
Attachments
HG_laserlyterear_200911-A.jpg
HG_laserlyterear_200911-A.jpg (11.76 KiB) Viewed 409 times
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Yeah I've seen those. Can't you buy night sights for cheaper??? Who in their right mind would choose batteries and a dot that gives your location away for something that has a halflife of 7 years and doesn't need batteries...

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum