need help quick!!

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

need help quick!!

Postby grizz18 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Does anyone know the laws of shipping a gun (pitstol) from NC to Iowa? Any laws for the buyer?

Thanks!!
grizz18
Squatch Life

Re: need help quick!!

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu May 20, 2010 7:46 pm

You have to ship it to an FFL and they'll have to pass a background check.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby bob409 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:20 pm

if u a long box, u can ship the gun that way.
bob409
hunter

Postby mw46 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:49 pm

Not sure but I think you have to overnight pistols
The coot fighter
mw46
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:47 pm

The laws are different from when I had my shop but the last time I checked I do believe any handgun MUST be shipped overnight and, like any firearm, to a dealer. There are some odd rules and if your are a dealer I think you can ship thru the USPS but a non dealer must use a carrier such as UPS or FedEx. Long guns can be shipped thru any carrier but still has to go to a dealer if shipping outside your state (at least that is here in MI). Aparently they feel that a hand gun could get lost in shipping and want to know it is missing as soon as possible. If you are concerned about shipping just check out gunbroker and look at the list of dealers in your area. you can then take it to one of them and pay them to ship it for you.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby HtownBlaster » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:03 pm

:hijack:

Seems to be alot of knowledge in this forum. Maybe someone can help me out. I gave my brother a rifle that I owned for Christmas. No sale, just a gift. What do I need to do paperwork wise to make sure the transaction is straight with the FEDS?

Thanks
Newest member of the A5 club.
HtownBlaster
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:25 pm

HtownBlaster wrote::hijack:

Seems to be alot of knowledge in this forum. Maybe someone can help me out. I gave my brother a rifle that I owned for Christmas. No sale, just a gift. What do I need to do paperwork wise to make sure the transaction is straight with the FEDS?

Thanks

You would have to check your state laws to be 100% safe. In MOST cases a rifle or shotgun needs nothing signed or transfered, Only handguns, full autos and short barreled rifles/shotguns require a paper trail.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum