ar15 junkies please read!

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

ar15 junkies please read!

Postby daffy... » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:02 am

i purchased a frankinstein ar15 a few months ago for a very generous price. what i have is a traditional colt upper 20inch heavy barrel, it has a fixed carry handle, traditional triangle (vietnam) foregrip. im also told its a left handed style upper... because of the triangle protrusion just behind the ejection port, also told that there isnt a bayonet lug, and that it must have been modified. it was sold with a bushmaster carbonfiber lower. the combo is akward (beefy upper with a lightwieght lower). what id like to know is what the value for that upper. its in kind of rough shape (chipped paint)

i will post picture tomorrow if that of any help. is this something i should hold onto or just trade for a carbon fiber upper. are these disrable/ rare?
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Re: ar15 junkies please read!

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:02 am

Is it a heavy barrel upper with the weights in the forend? Or just a plain upper with no Lug? if it is a standard upper they sell cheap, Have seen them without the bolt and carrier for under $200 and around $300 or less with the bolt assembly and that is if the barrel is in real good condition. if you just have it for plinking than you are better off just keeping what you have, If you want less weight go with an m4 upper or more accuracy then you should go with a flat top upper assembly with a heavy barrel. DPMS has some pretty good factory direct prices right now.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum