is there anything i can do??

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

is there anything i can do??

Postby huntall6 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:43 pm

i live in illinois, and we have NO CARRY ALLOWANCES for regular citizens :mad: . i was just wondering if there was anything that i could do help in the effort to promote a civilian carry law. i am just tired of worrying about these thugs that seem to keep multiplying in the area that i work. any input would be greatly apprieceiated. in know there are some states that fairly recently have allowed conceil/open carry :thumbsup: , so if anyone who was involved with these efforts can help me out, that would be very helpful.
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Re: is there anything i can do??

Postby apexhunter » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:15 am

Your best bet would be to start with your local and district representatives and work up from there to your state Senator and Governor writing letters/emails requesting their attention towards a "will issue" bill that would permit carry. Unfortunately Illinois isn't one of the more gun friendly states as clearly depicted by the commie Chicago Mayor's latest foray into gun control in "his" city. That and the fact that the State Government w the Chicago Mayor's pathway.

It might be a long battle but the more people that constantly send notes to their representatives the better chance you'll have of them actually listening to your wishes. Also, with the mid term election coming up a friendly reminder of ballots speaking for the public can also be a strong influence. If your representatives are not gun friendly people I would jump on the bandwagon of candidates that are and try to help them get elected.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:37 pm

Move.
devildog28
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:43 am

devildog28 wrote:Move.

That would work as well!
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby MIAZquacker » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:06 am

yeah you have "a long row to hoe" there, like others said start writing and emailing reps and senators... i wouldn't even bother with the Govenor, you would have better luck getting elected as Govenor yourself than changing that Dbags mind. Get others to write/email as well. If you can start a advocacy group or join one, do it. Petitions can be helpful, going to a Rep with 100k signatures can speak pretty loudly. Definitely VOTE, research the candidates and email them if the info you want isn't available. If you have the time you might want to even help those campaign who share your ideals. Hopefully the elections help.
MIAZquacker
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:14 am

Seriously man, even if you were to succeed it'd take decades to overturn all the BS gun laws they have. I meant it when I said you're better off moving out of the state. I myself refuse to live somewhere like that.
devildog28
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:03 am

devildog28 wrote:Seriously man, even if you were to succeed it'd take decades to overturn all the BS gun laws they have. I meant it when I said you're better off moving out of the state. I myself refuse to live somewhere like that.

I'm the same way. Illinois and California would be hard states for me to live in.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby huntall6 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:20 pm

yeh it really sucks. but i have a good job and all my family lives here. i dont want them to not be able to protect themselves. im just trying to do my part in making America what it was meant to be. i dont mean to get all mushy on you but i still believe that if you want something bad enough, it can happen. thanks for the advice though. :thumbsup:
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum