Glock 22 or Springfield Armory XD 40

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Glock 22 or Springfield Armory XD 40

Postby duckwizard » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:07 pm

Glock 22 or Springfield Armory XD 40? I like the way that the Springfield handles better than the glock, with the glock I have to cant my wrist to make the sights even, but I dont know much about the springfields, as glocks reputation is great. So I ask those who know something about SA, whats your opinion of the function of the xd and the customer service of Springfield Armory?
The wicked flee when no man pursues.
duckwizard
hunter

Re: Glock 22 or Springfield Armory XD 40

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:57 pm

I've never seen any problems out of the XD. I owned the Service Model in a .40 cal for awhile. I liked it a lot, I did trade it for a Glock though. :lol3: Glocks take some getting used to. I only traded it cause I want to go ahead and get acquainted with the model of pistol I'll be carrying as a duty weapon, and the capacity on the XD isn't that great. Get the one that feels best to you, both are excellent pistols. Sounds like you should be in an XD based on what you've said.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby NvWaterfowler » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:16 pm

I agree with the having to cant my wrist. My XD has a way more natural point of aim. I really couldn't tell you about the customer service since I've never had to use it. It has a few thousand rounds through it and has went bang every time i've wanted it to. Absolutely love that gun. I have both the .40 and the 9mm service models.
"BATTLE BORN"
NvWaterfowler
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:46 am

I have an XD 45 and it has been a great gun. I've shot several and they all seem to be well made and shoot great.

Glock's are fine, but it seems that people either love them or hate them. For me they don't fit right in my hands, so I just don't mess with them.

I personally say go with what fits. If you get a chance, go to a gun range and shoot them all first.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:53 am

Like Preacher said, you have answered your own question. If the Glock (or any gun for that matter) requires you to alter your normal grip/stance then you should look at something else.

Like you mentioned, the XD points naturally for me (like a 1911) and Glocks point low with my normal grip so I have always stayed away from them.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:02 am

I own a couple XD's and carry one everyday. I trust my life or someone else's on it completely. If it fits you better than a Glock then get one. Who cares what others say about Glock being superior. If it works, it works. Both are very high quality guns.
devildog28
hunter

Postby shoot-n-goose » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:50 am

Another vote for the XD. My brother has an XDm in 40 S&W, and I have a XD sub compact, also in 40
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
shoot-n-goose
hunter

Postby NV Guide » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:40 pm

Both the Glock and the XD are great guns. Before you buy you should try a S&W M&P Pro. Several shooters in our club use each of these guns so I have handled all three and the S&W is by far my favorite.

We shoot plates and pins all summer and recently USPSA so I have seen a lot of rounds through these guns. All hold up really well. The Smith has the best trigger right out of the box.

The guy and girls in our club shoot a lot-----10000 to 15000 each
Dennis

What part of "shall not be infringed" dont you understand?
NV Guide
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckwizard » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:51 pm

I ended up purchasing a Springfield XDM 40 with the 4.5'' barrel. I put a hundred rounds through it yesterday and so far I love it. :thumbsup:
The wicked flee when no man pursues.
duckwizard
hunter

Postby duckkillerclyde » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:48 pm

I have a xd in 40 and wish I had the glock.

In my opinion most glocks come with a better trigger and on all glocks the trigger reset in much much shorter.

as an owner of an XD, my vote is for a glock
valley waterfowlers
duckkillerclyde
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby Sagebrush » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:10 am

Alot depends on your hand size..................
A few days ago at the range a guy had a Auto and he could hardly get his hand around just the clip....... then he
is going to add the area of the pistol around that !! ??

Fit,balance and grip can make or kill a pistol...................

There is no way that I can fit a S&W J frame, with my big paws but autos are just plain comfortable, for me.

Sort of like cars, Chevy or a Ford but you might end up with a Mercedes !! Both of those guns are top of the line and
should do well for you if they will "Work" for you.
Good shooting.
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby woodmanzz » Wed May 04, 2011 5:42 am

devildog28 wrote:I own a couple XD's and carry one everyday. I trust my life or someone else's on it completely. If it fits you better than a Glock then get one. Who cares what others say about Glock being superior. If it works, it works. Both are very high quality guns.

I also own one for myself.
Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
woodmanzz
Newb

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum