Revolver Grips

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Revolver Grips

Postby jeff_osu » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi all,
I picked up a S&W Model 629 .44 mag (6" barrel) a few weeks past. I've put about 50 rounds through it and just absolutely love it. The recoil isn't as bad as I expected, and while I'm not a big guy (6' and 210 lbs.) I'm big enough to handle it. The only hangup I have is the grip, which is too narrow. I'd like something with a wider surface area to increase contact with my palm and dissipate the amount of force going back into my palm, which would hopefully allow for better control of the gun. Also, the synthetic grip is kind of tacky and I would just prefer to have wooden grips. Can anyone suggest some palm swell grips for a S&W 629?
Cheers!
jeff_osu
hunter

Re: Revolver Grips

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:07 am

I can't suggest any since I don't have one, but go here to look for some:

www.brownells.com

or

www.midwayusa.com

If they don't have what you're looking for, it doesn't exist. :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Revolver Grips

Postby Sagebrush » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:06 pm

I have two S&W mod 19 and 686 in 357 and the wood stock grips are large and look great but are not the best grips for some,even though I can handle them .
However I did get a set of LG-308 Hoghunter Lazer grips from the factory c/o Crimson Trace and they cut down the recoil and
are much easier on the hand with full day of Mag loads. Back then they just had the red beam but I hear that the green beam of light can be seen better in the day light at out door ranges.

Try S&W for grips or go on line (Midway)or save shipping cost if you have a gun store in your area if the price is right. I'm lucky to have a Scheels,Cabelas and four large sporting stores in my area.
Sagebrush
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum