GLOCK ND

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

GLOCK ND

Postby swampwise » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Got this in an email the other day. Just because it's a Glock doesn't mean it can't fail. Not the Glock's fault in this case, but evidence that you should ALWAYS TREAT ALL GUNS AS IF THEY'RE LOADED ALL THE TIME. Don't get too comfortable people.

>>“What the hell was that?!?” she said. It took me a half a second to realize that my gun had just gone off…on my hip…in its holster. My wife and I had just finished breakfast at our favorite café and got into the car.
Me being the passenger, I rotated my torso to the left to fasten my seatbelt like I always do. When I straightened again, my Glock 19 discharged, blowing a 9mm hole through my pants, underwear, the leather seat and bottom of the car’s door frame.
The bullet nicked my hip, but the wound is nothing a bandage couldn’t cover. So what went wrong? Guns never go “Bang” all by themselves.
After ensuring I wasn’t hemorrhaging profusely and didn’t have to make a dash for the hospital, I stayed seated in the car as my wife came around to my door and opened it. I undid my belt and slid the Galco JAK202 Slide Belt Holster, with the gun still in it, off my belt. Why it went off was immediately apparent.

Be careful with guns. This could have been much worse for this unlucky guy...
assateague wrote:
Indawoods wrote:I had a great, great aunt born with a vestigial tail. :lol3:

That was your great, great uncle. Tell him to turn around.
swampwise
hunter

Re: GLOCK ND

Postby duckkillerclyde » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:40 pm

sure enough....
valley waterfowlers
duckkillerclyde
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Re: GLOCK ND

Postby FranknBeans » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:26 am

yikes.. shoulda got a Sherpa! :)
Tree Huggers can kick rocks.