Duck Hunting Forum banner

22 mag revolver

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Preacher1011 
#1 ·
im looking to buy a 22 mag revolver to keep in the truck and to carry when im out hunting. i dont want to spend a bunch of money on it. anyone have any ideas?

#7 ·
Sandman3400 said:
MOhuntingGuy said:
Ruger single six convertible. 1 cylinder for .22 s/l/lr and the other cylinder for .22 mag. You can find them used in decent shape for around 300.
That is my recommendation. I have heard good and bad about the heritage, but only good about the single six.
I've got the ruger and my friend has the heritage. The heritage works, but its not as smooth on the cocking as the ruger and I like the sights a lot better on the ruger.

#8 ·
You can get a brand new Heritage for $150. I've never seen a problem out of them. I got one to trap with. If I dropped a 500 dollar Ruger in the lake or creek and lost it, I'd be pissed. I'd still be upset over a 150 dollar one, but not as much. The Heritage shot plenty accurate for me as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.