22 mag revolver

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

22 mag revolver

Postby SPAR » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:26 pm

im looking to buy a 22 mag revolver to keep in the truck and to carry when im out hunting. i dont want to spend a bunch of money on it. anyone have any ideas?
SPAR
hunter
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:37 pm


Re: 22 mag revolver

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:10 pm

Heritage
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.


jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?


Image
User avatar
Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: 22 mag revolver

Postby apexhunter » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:26 am

Heritage or a good used Ruger single six w/ .22lr and .22 Mag cylinders.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:46 pm
Location: Apex, NC

Re: 22 mag revolver

Postby California Sprig » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:12 pm

I have a Ruger 22 mag. Just love that gun. 22 mags are great fun to shoot.the Ruger 22 mg is single action so that may be a concern for you.
Hunting, fishing, Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky - Life is sweet
California Sprig
hunter
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: Northern Ca, Elk Grove

Re: 22 mag revolver

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:44 pm

Ruger single six convertible. 1 cylinder for .22 s/l/lr and the other cylinder for .22 mag. You can find them used in decent shape for around 300.
Let there be welders, to attach metal to other metal things. Genesis 1:36

Kenlee's Krew Pro Staff
User avatar
MOhuntingGuy
Mrs. Red Ryder
 
Posts: 3636
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:56 pm
Location: Wishing I was near the magical place of sugar

Re: 22 mag revolver

Postby Sandman3400 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:10 am

MOhuntingGuy wrote:Ruger single six convertible. 1 cylinder for .22 s/l/lr and the other cylinder for .22 mag. You can find them used in decent shape for around 300.


That is my recommendation. I have heard good and bad about the heritage, but only good about the single six.
Real men hunt with Chessies!
User avatar
Sandman3400
hunter
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:46 pm
Location: Denham Springs, LA

Re: 22 mag revolver

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:13 am

Sandman3400 wrote:
MOhuntingGuy wrote:Ruger single six convertible. 1 cylinder for .22 s/l/lr and the other cylinder for .22 mag. You can find them used in decent shape for around 300.


That is my recommendation. I have heard good and bad about the heritage, but only good about the single six.

I've got the ruger and my friend has the heritage. The heritage works, but its not as smooth on the cocking as the ruger and I like the sights a lot better on the ruger.
Let there be welders, to attach metal to other metal things. Genesis 1:36

Kenlee's Krew Pro Staff
User avatar
MOhuntingGuy
Mrs. Red Ryder
 
Posts: 3636
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:56 pm
Location: Wishing I was near the magical place of sugar

Re: 22 mag revolver

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:36 pm

You can get a brand new Heritage for $150. I've never seen a problem out of them. I got one to trap with. If I dropped a 500 dollar Ruger in the lake or creek and lost it, I'd be pissed. I'd still be upset over a 150 dollar one, but not as much. The Heritage shot plenty accurate for me as well.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.


jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?


Image
User avatar
Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN


Return to Rifle and Handgun forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest