TC Venture

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

TC Venture

Postby FowlMouth19 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:02 pm

Anybody have one? I looked at one today and I must say I like it alot for the price. I looked at a camo stock with weathershield barrel (kinda reminds me of a nickel barrel) for $545 with a $50 mail in rebate. Seems like a good deal to me. Just looking for opinions. I would think TC wouldn't put there name on it if it was crap but ya never know.
FowlMouth19
hunter

Re: TC Venture

Postby ajmorell » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:17 pm

I haven't heard anything bad about them. From what I hear they are supposed to be great shooters (I think they guarantee MOA out of the box). I would buy one for the right deal. For $500 though I would personally pony up a few extra bucks and step up to something a little more refined.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby FowlMouth19 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:34 pm

Yea I've heard/read mixed reviews about them. I hear ya on spending the little extra cash for something a little better. I'm looking for something stainless, and it's tough finding something stainless at a decent price these days that's why these interested me. They look really sharp for the price I must say. Got a couple months to shop around and maybe find something lightly used for a good price.
FowlMouth19
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:23 pm

Check out the Rem 700 SPS stainless. I realize that there has been a lot of media lately about the 700s and Remington's quality hasn't been up to par, but the 700 SPS stainless was a strong contender when I was looking for a rifle about a year and a half ago. You might also consider the Tikka T3 stainless....a few more $$ but well worth the money.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby jerry weaver » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:13 am

PURCHASED NEW TC VENTURE STAINLESS 7MM MAG. I LOAD MY OWN AMMO. SHOOTS A .482 GROUP WITH A 4.13 POUND TRIGGER PULL. BUT THE TRIGGER IS NOT AGJUSTABLE. CALLED TC CUSTOMER SERVICE TWICE GOT THE RUN AROUND. WENT ON LINE GOT RETURN LABLE UNDER WARRANTY CENT IT BACK WITH INCLOSED INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PROBLEM. GOT IT BACK ABOUT 15 DAYS LATER, NOTHING HAS BEEN REPAIRED. CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS TOLD THEY CHECKED IT FOR THE RECALL NOTICE. I TOLD THEM THIS RIFLE NOT UNDER RECALL. I SHIPPED IT BACK IN THE ORIGINAL BOX WHICH HAD A BIG ORANGE LABEL THIS RIFLE NOT FOR RECALL IN WHICH WAS ON THE BOX ORIGINALLY FROM TC. HE IS MAILING ME ANOTHER RETURN LABLE. WE WILL SEE.
jerry weaver
Newb

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum