P22 Problems

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

P22 Problems

Postby Marshwalker » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:43 pm

Well i got a new Walther P22. i loved it at first then i had problems with it not firing and the fireing pin and so on.. anyone else have any problems?
Arise...Kill.. and eat
- Acts 10:13

"Kill a crow, Save a duck".
Marshwalker
hunter

Postby puddlerjumper » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:26 pm

Did you find anything abnormal when you broke it down with the firing pin? How much have you shot it? Give me every detail about the gun that you can, what loads you shoot, everything....
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby Marshwalker » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:51 pm

Well i out about 100 rounds through it. then one day i went out. loaded a full clip in it. then i would cock it back fire and nothing would happen the pin stayed down and everything. i think i might have a back up saftey on or something ?
Arise...Kill.. and eat
- Acts 10:13

"Kill a crow, Save a duck".
Marshwalker
hunter

Postby puddlerjumper » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:02 pm

Hmmm, that's weird, I'll give you my address so you can send it to me. I'll have to take a look. :umm: :cool:
puddlerjumper
hunter

walther p22

Postby tcraigalexander » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:31 pm

so my slide broke on my p22 as i was firing it and i wrote to s&w and kate at customer service helped me out and they sent me a nib p22. due to a miscommunication i thought they were giong to charge me but did not. if you have any problems i suggest talking to kate.
Last edited by tcraigalexander on Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tcraigalexander
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:03 pm

I've heard they had problems. I'd trade it for a Sig Mosquito.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

p22 problems

Postby tcraigalexander » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:55 am

they def. have problems but if contact kate a customer service at s&w and she will help you. im opting for .22lr conversions for the my beretta and my m-4. im getting a cmmg and a beretta conversion instead of the slightly cheaper JAC or 'atchinson' conversions because JAC is a douchebag. you can call his business and just get a feel for what kind of person he is just by his answering machine message. here in tallahassee a dealer - lee minor has quit carrying his products becasue of how he treats customers. people wait for months for his products, ordering is a hassle and you can see from the better business bueraeu of florida that he has an 'f' rating. im willing to guess the beretta conversion is of good quality - the m-92 is my favorite pistol, never had a problem and shoots better tahn a glock(maybe not as durable some may argue). and as far as the cmmg conversion ive put one in my rifle at the range and it shot great, cant wait to get it. i imagine we will be going to 22lr before long with the way these prices are going. dont let the people in charge sneak around the 2nd amendment by taking your ammo or having it serial numbered and taxed. talk to your congressmen. these are our rights as united states citizens. dont sit idly by.
Last edited by tcraigalexander on Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tcraigalexander
hunter

Postby don taylor » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:36 pm

:hijacked: Slow down a little.

Walther produced and owns the rights to make some of the most desirable guns of all time. I've shot several examples of the same model and owned one briefly. Ergonomics are excellent, it fit the hand like a glove. Mine was a tackdriver. It's extemely lightweight and carried well. It was reliable. If you dont depress the button the mag stays in, no death grip needed. I personally never had that happen, though see how it could.

Contact walther online and they will send you a manual on the safety operation of your gun.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

walther p22

Postby tcraigalexander » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:12 pm

walther has produced some desirable guns over the years as well as smith and wesson. the p22 is very accurate and has adjustable rear sights, no doubt about it. i have put about 10k rnds through mine and have read other posts and seen pictures of others with a break in the slide in the exact same spot behind the front sight post. i am just angry because the little problems with the walther have annoyed me. it is ergonomic and has a changable back strap (comes with a couple options). but it is a 22 and in effect has a small grip - for small hands it is perfect and feels good im sure. i was also angry that customer service took so long to reply to me. they told me to fed ext the gun to them and they 'will replace' the firearm but if a technician says it is not a craftmanship or construction (cant remember the terminology) they will conctact me with a price on how much to fix it. a guy on gunbroker sold his broken p22 becasue he was tired of the run around s&w/walther gave him only to tell him it would cost 90$ to fix it. if they hassle me into sending it in only to tell me that i have to pay to get fixed a cheap metal they used i am going to be very annoyed; if they fix it, great - they will retain my respect. ill let yall know what happens....
tcraigalexander
hunter

Re: P22 Problems

Postby tcraigalexander » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:24 pm

so i got a letter from s&w saying that i will have to pay 90$ for them to fix my broken slide. i wrote back to kate at customer service telling how rediculous this is and she replied saying that there was a mix up and it got sent to the wrong person... i think they are going to fix it for me free of charge as long as i provide an ffl for them to ship it back to; hopefully this is what will happen... ill let yall know....
tcraigalexander
hunter

Postby Harley Dave » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:09 am

I had problem galore with my little P-22. Failure to feed, failure to eject, fired cartridge stuck in chamber, poor accuracy, etc. Tried all kinds of differnt ammunition in it. Only thing it really liked was CCI Green Tag, expensive ammo! I was directed to a website that gave a lot of solutions to the problems, but felt I should not have to do modifications to a newer gun. Did some anyway and it was a little bit more reliable. Mine was a very early model that had come with both barrels. Supposedly the newer ones (marked ag, ah, etc on barrrel) with type "b" magazines has fewer problems. Sold mine don't miss it! Use the $$$ as part of the layaway on a Para-Ordinance Warthog
Love my Beretta Neos so much more, eats up any kind of ammo, quite accurate! Offer me te P-22s and two hundred bucks and I won't give you my Neos.
As far as shopping for .22s check out www.rimfirecentral.com Anything you want to know pertaining to .22s you can find out there. If you have a P-22 with problem check out the P-22 bible on that site.
Your life, liberty, and property are never safe when the Legislature is in session. M.Twain
Harley Dave
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:27 pm

:offtopic:
tcraigalexander wrote:i think they are going to fix it for me free of charge as long as i provide an ffl for them to ship it back to; hopefully this is what will happen... ill let yall know....

Why do you need an FFL? if you sent it to them, they can send it directly back to you. You already own it. Read the BATF rules on that and you will see. I sent my S&W J frame in to be repaired (finish issues) a few months back. S&W sent me a postage paid label and box, It was shipped to them fedex overnight and they shipped it back to my house Fedex overnight in about 3 days. I had the same results with 2 ruger pistols that I had repaired.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby tcraigalexander » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:15 am

i was wondering about that too... she said they are going to replace the pistol so i dont know if they are just going to give me a new one or not... at this point i dont really care as long as i get it back. it has been a big hassle to get this taken care of...
tcraigalexander
hunter

Postby don taylor » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:03 pm

If the serial number changes, which it would on a new gun. you have to fill out a 4473 or your states equivilant. Its like buying a new gun. We also have a $5 processing fee that goes to the background check. I'd expect that too, if you have anything similar.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby tcraigalexander » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:23 pm

well i needed the ffl becasue they sent me a brand new gun... after this waiting period is over i think ill give the p22 another go, hopefully this one is better than the last. my beretta .22 conversion is on the way (finally found one that wasnt that ceiner garbage) and my cmmg conversion for m-16 type rifles is awesome. if you have problems with a s&w or walther i suggest talking to kate and make sure it ships to her as well if you have to send it in. thanks kate.
tcraigalexander
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum