Need help *Buying online*

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Need help *Buying online*

Postby Marshwalker » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:22 pm

I decided im going to get a gun online. Im not really sure how it all works ? i become a member of a site. i place a bid on a gun and i win it. Then what ? if you have had expereince buying a gun online please tell me the directions on how to do it all. Thanks a lot. :salude:

-D2K
Arise...Kill.. and eat
- Acts 10:13

"Kill a crow, Save a duck".
Marshwalker
hunter

Postby farhod » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:06 pm

then you send the payment and he sends the gun to your ffl dealer who should give you a number or something to give to the seller.
farhod
hunter

Postby Marshwalker » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:07 pm

right , but they said i have to contact my FFL dealer before i bid , and they have to sign something and i have to send it to the seller and all this other crap.
Arise...Kill.. and eat
- Acts 10:13

"Kill a crow, Save a duck".
Marshwalker
hunter

Postby WI_Trapper » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:08 am

Dressed2kill,

First you will have to find someone with an FFL that will do the paper work if you win (not sure of the site you are bidding on) if you win you contact the owner of the gun and tell him that you will be getting a money order and a copy of your FFL dealers Lic and send it to him. Make sure you get ahold of the seller and let them know what is going on, Most are good guys. Some dealers may just want you to give them the sellers address and money or a money order and they will send it. The gun will be sent to the FFl dealer and you will fill out the #4473 form and any other state forms, making sure you are not a bad person or someone that shouldn't have a new toy. Then he (FFL dealer) will have to call all the info in to the feds. They will tell him if you can have your new toy or not. Don't know the cost will be where you live, but they will charge something for doing the paper work. If you need more info PM me. I don't have any idea why they would ask for any paper work before you win.

:thumbsup: :salude:
"I'm Not A Hippie, Just a Well-Groomed Mountain Man"
WI_Trapper
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:17 am

Try gunsamerica there are alot of good dealers on there all over the country. There are some really good prices.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:04 am

WI Trapper got it right. I have had firearms delivered to my friends shop. I keep the info I need to send to a seller at home. He also sends a lot off guns out off of his website.
Last edited by LIGHT12 on Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby WI_Trapper » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:48 pm

The best deals I have found were on www.gunbroker.com

You can never have to many guns !!!!! :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
:salude: :salude:
"I'm Not A Hippie, Just a Well-Groomed Mountain Man"
WI_Trapper
hunter

Postby Cobra » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:33 pm

www.auctionarms.com Has local dealers listed and some reasonable deals at times.
First it rained, then it blew, then it frizz, then it snew --- from an oldtimers gunning boat ~~ He understood what it's about!
Cobra
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum