Looking for first ever handgun

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Re: Looking for first ever handgun

Postby TXHunter96 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:32 pm

CutEm214 wrote:MNW - You can't really go wrong with the Glock, although neither of the ones you listed are very compact. Have you looked at the 22 or 23? The only downsides to them is they have poor balance (IMO) and they're kinda blocky at the grip. The Springfields are nice as well. I personally stay away from anything S&W anymore by principle, but that's just me. I know its not one of the guns you mentioned and also a bit pricier, but have you looked at any of the Sigs? The P227 is perhaps the most well balanced handgun I've ever picked up. Good luck in your search!

He wants a 9mm. The 22 is a full size 40 and the 23 is a compact 40. A subcompact glock 9mm would be the 26 and the compact version (prolly the most versatile size) would be the glock 19.
Deer, Ducks, Guns > School
TXHunter96
hunter

Postby adustydawg » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:43 am

Hey guys, there is an alternative. He could try the Sig P250 in 9mm or 40 cal. The 250 is interchangeable in frame sizes from full to subcompact. And at under 400.00 he can have a quallity gun and one that he can fit to his needs. I own one in 40 cal as my off duty carry gun, in compact version, and it is as accurate as guns costing way more. :welcome:
adustydawg
hunter

Postby Seacanoeist » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:35 am

I enjoyed shooting Jensen's .
Seacanoeist
Newb

Postby coruptone » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:06 pm

adustydawg wrote:Hey guys, there is an alternative. He could try the Sig P250 in 9mm or 40 cal. The 250 is interchangeable in frame sizes from full to subcompact. And at under 400.00 he can have a quallity gun and one that he can fit to his needs. I own one in 40 cal as my off duty carry gun, in compact version, and it is as accurate as guns costing way more. :welcome:

x-2

Great gun, I have the P250 in the .45 and it is very accurate. This job that you are getting sounds great and i don't know if they have any rules on amo that you can use. When i was in the military i had 2 choices, a 9mm or .45 and all amo was fmj. The 9mm is a good round but in a fmj don't work well on people so think about getting the largest cal you can. Also don't worry about pistols that have a double stack mags, this will save on weight and fit your hand better. Some may argue but most gun fights are over in seconds and you will be lucky too get 5 rounds off. Try to shoot as many guns you can to help narrow down your search. :thumbsup:
coruptone
hunter

Previous

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum