Glock 23 Owners

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Glock 23 Owners

Postby mox » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:31 pm

Bought a Glock 23 last year. I'm wanting to change up the grip and look in to some accessories to custom fit the gun. I'm interested in where you all buy your accessories - local or online. And also pros and cons to the additions you've made to your 23.
It wasn't my 1st choice in a handgun but I couldn't pass up the deal.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Re: Glock 23 Owners

Postby adustydawg » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:44 am

I carry a 23 as my off duty weapon. All you will need are the tritium sights[ 80.00 from Glock ] and some high capacity mags. Alot of the other stuff is just junk.Get some good quality ammo and PRACTICE!. This gun will serve you well for a long time. For carry ammo I can suggest Hornady TAP 165 grain hollowpoint. They are the best that I have found for accuracy and penetration. Get a good quality holster and you are good to go. Good luck. :bow: :hi: :welcome:
adustydawg
hunter

Postby mox » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:31 am

adustydawg wrote:I carry a 23 as my off duty weapon. All you will need are the tritium sights[ 80.00 from Glock ] and some high capacity mags. Alot of the other stuff is just junk.Get some good quality ammo and PRACTICE!. This gun will serve you well for a long time. For carry ammo I can suggest Hornady TAP 165 grain hollowpoint. They are the best that I have found for accuracy and penetration. Get a good quality holster and you are good to go. Good luck. :bow: :hi: :welcome:

awesome, thanks for the advice.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby mccree79 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:31 pm

I don't have a Glock 23, but I do have a g22 and g26. I have Truglo TFO sights on the 22 and Henie straight 8 sights on the 26. Love them both. I also have the glock xenon light on the 22....plus crimson trace grip laser....currently not on the gun. The crimson trace laser makes the grip really wide, plus it is only good for the distance you sight it in for. I do not recommend the laser sight. Ammunition I recommend Corbon JHP. 135 grain for the 40 cal. High energy and great expansion. In my opinion Corbon makes the best defensive loads.
mccree79
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:12 am

www.glockstore.com

I also carry a G-23 and this is where I go to purchase all of my Glock accessories. Decent prices, and they have everything.

Incidentally the Glock 23 was and is my first choice of carry firearm. In my opinion it is the best all around defensive pistol. Accurate and indestructable. Next best thing to a revolver.

Glock... The AK of pistols... Ugly but effective...

Carry on,

Gunny
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Re: Re: Glock 23 Owners

Postby mccree79 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Gunnysway wrote:www.glockstore.com

I also carry a G-23.......

In my opinion it is the best all around defensive pistol. Accurate and indestructable.

Carry on,

Gunny

Glad to head you like the 23. Glock is awesome in any model number. The only time in thousands of rounds, that any glock of mine did not fire was on 2 rounds Remington UMC's....from the same box. Bullet issue not the gun. Dollar for dollar the best semi auto you can buy.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2.
mccree79
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum