Duck Hunting Forum banner

Opinions on Redfield Scopes

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Sagebrush 
#1 ·
Thread title tells it all......let me know.
Thanks

#4 ·
Leupold has done a good job in the resurgence of Redfield as an affordable yet sturdy line of optics. They are not as refined as the normal Leupold line but are far and away better than a Swift or Tasco IMHO.

#5 ·
Redfield and Weaver were the old stand bys way back as well as Bushnell, for a scope that would not cost too much and leave you money for lots of ammo. They did not hold up well with the Hvy Magnums heavy recoil but from the 30-06 down they worked great.
Try to get a camels hair brush to get the dust off the lens after blowing as much off as you can in 2-3 breaths or use one of those rubber bulb instraments,some times found in camera shops. A rag or paper tissue can scrach the lens with the dirt particles, if too much pressure is applied.

With a little love it will last a life time.

#6 ·
I have been using them. They are great scopes for the money. If I remember correctly the Revolution model is still being made in the good old USA. The Revenge is being made off shore. Mine are the USA made models. You can't beat their warranty, backed up by Leupold.

#9 ·
Always nice to have a company that stands behind their scopes ............... ( where else? Joke..)

If they ever fog , the cross hairs get damaged from recoil or the dials get messed up, it is nice to know that it
can be fixed with a phone call or a e-mail........... They repaired two of mine over 45 years of hunting and shooting
with these scopes and I am a happy camper. Have yet to have a "Gold Ring" fail me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.